Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Meeting Serena Blake
-*-

The sun has already set when I left the school. Since our house is just walking distance from school, I always walk home. Though I could just ask my mom to pick me up, I don't do that because I know she's busy herself. I'd rather walk home than to disturb her from her work.

I turned to our street, finally, but then noticed a sudden noise behind me. I walked faster without looking back, creeped out by what could it be. But as soon as I walked further, I heard footsteps behind me. I walked even faster and so did the footsteps behind me. Curiosity filled my instinct, so I turned around to see who or what the heck was that. There was no one and there was nothing else besides the street lamps. Okay? Weird.

I turned to face front, and the sudden appearance of a girl made me jump back. My feet suddenly became frozen that I tried so hard to move but couldn't. The girl in front of me grinned. What the hell?

"You must be Grayson fucking Collins," she said, while chewing her gum. She put out her hand and offered a handshake, "I'm Serena Blake, your soon-to-be girlfriend."

I just stared at her hand. Why would I shake her hand when she just literally came out of nowhere? And how the hell did she know my name?

She rolled her eyes, took my right hand, and shook it.

"Where are your manners, Mr. Collins? Didn't your parents teach you to shake the person's hand when they nicely introduce themselves?" the girl named Serena said. She looks a bit impatient and annoyed.

"How did you get here?" I asked. I'm really surprised that I was able to even speak despite how scared I am right now.

She smirked and said, "Are you scared of me?"

"Me? Scared? Why should I?" I lied. Of course I'm scared of her. Who wouldn't be scared of someone who appeared out of nowhere?

"What a liar. Tsk, tsk," she said seriously, but then she smirked again. "Starting today, I'll be your girlfriend for the next two months. And as your girlfriend, there are rules that you should take seriously and remember at all times."

I was about to argue when she walked closer to me, having our faces inches away. "Rule number one, don't ever argue with me."

"No, I--" She hushed me again by putting a finger on my lips.

"Rule number two, you will always do whatever I tell you to do." She moved even closer to me that her lips are almost touching mine if her finger wasn't in between. "And rule number three, you should never ever fall in love with me."

She finally moved away from me. I exhaled. I didn't realize I was even holding my breath for too long. She grinned.

"What if I don't want to?" I said. Her face suddenly became so serious that it gave me goosebumps.

"You asked me how on earth I got here so suddenly, right?" I got even more creeped out. She added, "I'm going to kill you if you break any of my rules, you got that?"

I'm dead. I'm so dead.

She grinned once again and said, "I'll see you tomorrow in school." And then she vanished in a blink of an eye.

I suddenly felt like my bones are made of jell-o that I dropped to my knees and almost fainted.

Is this just a dream?

Or am I really doomed for the next two months?