Chapter 34

Chapter 34
~*~
(Aaron's Point of View)

After joining in Hunter's group, I've learned a lot about everything.

About what's going on. About why he needed to kill Grayson. About why he needed Serena. About why he couldn't kill Grayson without using the dagger.

It all makes much more sense now.

But the thing is, I still don't get why Hunter needs Katherine.

Is he just using her as a bait? Does he know that Grayson still has feelings for her? Why is Hunter torturing Katherine when she doesn't have the thing he needs?

But that doesn't matter anymore, does it? It all happened already. Katherine got hurt, my cousin got hurt... We all get hurt someway.

Let me tell you the whole story starting the day I agreed to become an ally to Hunter as a part of my plan.

It wasn't easy at first. He was suspicious of my sudden agreement of wanting to become a part of his group. He didn't believe me at the beginning, telling me that I'm only there as a spy—which I really am.

But eventually I made it.

How?

I made a deal with him.

It wasn't an easy deal, and I have to constantly show him that I am one of them.

And the only way I can ensure Hunter's trust was become something I never liked—a monster.

I killed many innocent people and vampires right in front of him. And I only did that to prove that he can trust me, or rather to think that he can trust me.

I had to "switch sides" in order to know what's going on. I had to find out how to stop all this madness right away.

***

"Aren't you an original pureblood?" I asked casually as I took a sip of my ice-cold beer.

"I am, but why do you ask?" Hunter asked, looking at me suspiciously.

"If you are, then you can kill Grayson in an instant. You're much stronger than him, anyway, having consumed much human blood. You're also stronger than him."

"But the thing is, I can't kill him without using this," he said, taking out the dagger and examining it as if he's fascinated by it. "And have you forgotten already? He's also an original pureblood."

"Why can't you kill him with your bare hands?" I asked, ignoring what he last said.

"I was cursed. Olivia, remember her?"

"Yes. Isn't she Serena's friend? The one who lives in Georgia?"

"Yes, that girl. Her family were witches, and they have been against my kind ever since."

I nodded my head, "I see. So, why do you need Serena in this? What can she do to help you?"

"You see, this dagger right here," he said, showing me the dagger. "It only works when she's near it."

"What? Why and how?"

"This is hers, not mine. So, it doesn't work unless the owner is the one using it or simply if it's near the owner."