Chapter 16

PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END. THANK YOU! x

Chapter 16
-*-
(Grayson's Point of View)

I went to the gym to workout early in the morning since I've been feeling like a weakling lately. It feels like my whole body's drained out and I sure feel like a wreck.

As I started lifting weights, someone suddenly approached me.

"Look who's here," he said with a hint of sarcasm in his tone of voice.

"Aaron? What the hell are you doing here?" I hissed though I didn't stop doing what I was doing.

He leaned by the wall and crossed his arms, "what? Do you own this place now?"

I grunted as I started feeling the burn in my biceps.

"Can you just leave me alone? Mind your own business and stop being such a faggot," I retorted.

He chuckled then said, "easy there, hot shot. Don't go around saying those things to me that easily. You might get killed for calling me a faggot."

And there I had it. I put back the weights on its place then sat up straight.

"What?" I asked instantly.

He's always telling me something weird as if he really knows something that I don't. Also he's being way too suspicious, and I really don't get why.

What the heck does he want?

"You still haven't talked to Serena, have you? I mean you still haven't tried getting to really know her," he said with a suspicious grin on his face. "What's taking you so long?"

I stood up to face him, "something's obviously up with you, and I don't know what the hell it is but I sure am going to find out."

Then I walked passed him, not giving another look back.

I went straight back home and took a warm shower. Since now that Aaron really triggered my curiosity, I dialed Serena's number.

"Hey, Gray baby. What's up?" she answered in a very cheerful way.

I sighed and hesitantly said, "will you, uh... Will you..."

"Will I marry you? Oh my gosh, Gray! Why ask me so soon?!" she said as if surprised, but I can tell there's a hint of sarcasm in her tone of voice.

"No! I meant to say was will you come over here? I need to talk to you."

It was silent on the other side of the line until she hung up.

It's been only a few minutes, and Serena's already here. I was expecting her to come through my window, but instead she was at the front and rang our doorbell.

"I got it!" I yelled as I ran down the stairs.

"Easy there, hun. You don't want to trip," my mom said while chuckling.

I ran to get the door and a smiling Serena stood there looking all... nice and beautiful.

Shit, what the hell was that?! No, no, no! Erase, erase, erase!

"Excited to see me?" said Serena very cheerfully.

My mom came towards us and said, "who do we have here?"

"Good morning, Mrs. Collins. It's been a while," Serena greeted while offering my mom a handshake.

My mom took Serena's hand and shook it, "yes, good morning to you too. Please come in."