Chapter 28

Chapter 28
~*~
(Grayson's Point of View)

*BLAG!*

Huh? What the hell was that?!

I suddenly woke up at the sound of something that fell on the floor. My window also opened, and the cool breeze from the outside came in making me shiver.

I immediately turned my lampshade on and turned to look at the thing that fell... or rather a person that fell on the floor.

"Serena?!" I said in a hushed voice since it's already past midnight. "What the hell are you doing here?!"

She didn't answer nor made any move. She remained still, lying on the floor and grunting as if in pain. So without even hesitating, I quickly went towards her to take a look of what's happening to her.

"H-Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, kneeling beside her.

"I-It still h-hurts," she struggled to say.

It was only then that I noticed there's blood on her hip!

"What the...? Shit! Hold on. Let me help you," I said while lifting her up and carrying her onto my bed.

"Urrrgh!" she grunted as soon as I gently placed her there.

"What do you need?! Why aren't you healing?!"

"B-Because... I'm too w-weak..." she struggled as she closed her eyes.

I don't know what to say nor do. Serena looks so much in pain, and I don't know how to help her.

She's weak... If she's weak, she can't heal completely? How can she regain her strength, then? What does she need to regain her strength?

Human blood...

Of course. Serena hasn't had any human blood for a long time. That's the reason why she's this weak.

"Y-You need to drink my blood," I uttered right away without even thinking.

"N-No, Grayson. I c-can't," she stammered, wincing in pain, but I ignored her and quickly offered my wrist for her to suck blood out.

I looked at Serena directly at her eyes and said, "you have to drink my blood, Serena. Don't you want the pain to stop?! Do you want to struggle even more?!"

Serena didn't say a word and hesitantly grabbed my wrist then there... I felt the pang of pain as soon as she started sucking my blood.

I closed my eyes as I feel the pain, but I know I have to endure it for her to completely heal.

When I opened my eyes again, I saw Serena's wound started healing. Until it was all healed up that she stopped drinking my blood and slowly loosened her grip from my arm.

I felt relieved as soon as she released my arm, and I was about to tell her something when I noticed she started crying. Serena's tears have escaped from her eyes, and she immediately covered her face with both of her hands.

"H-Hey, why are you crying?" I asked.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm really sorry..." she replied with her head down and face still covered.

I tried to pull her hands off of her face and looked at her directly at her eyes then half smiled, "don't be sorry. Don't apologize to me for something that is not even your fault. Besides, I was the one who offered, so don't make me regret helping you if you keep on telling me you're sorry, got it?"

Serena nodded her head and wiped her tears off.

"Who did that to you?" I asked. "Why weren't you healing?"