Chapter 32: The Revelations

~*~
(Serena's Point of View)

After I compelled Maureen to leave and forget everything, I looked at Grayson who was already at the ground with his hand on his throat.

I walked towards him and directly looked at his face.

His eyes are bright red.

"Your eyes..." I trailed off and was about to touch his face when he looked away and bowed his head down.

"I-Impossible. I-I can't be..."

I sighed then took his wrists and helped me up.

"Shh... It's okay. It's going to be okay," I told him in a hushed voice.

"H-How?! H-How will I b-be okay?!" cried Grayson helplessly.

Confused. He looks so confused and clueless. He looks so vulnerable.

"S-Stand up," I commanded sternly. When he didn't budge, I took a deep breath and yelled at him, "I said stand up!"

Grayson looked at me for a second, and I offered him my hand. He looked at my hand then back at my eyes as if hesitating whether or not should he take it.

I forced a smile, a half smile, just to reassure him that it's okay.

But no matter how much he means to me, there's still that pang of pain in my heart every time I look at him...

Because when I see him, I see them.

"S-Stop! Please! D-Don't kill them! Please!" I cried and cried as I tried to free myself from a vampire whom I didn't recognize. "No! No! Please, don't!"

I saw the woman in front of me smirked then ripped their---

I was brought back to reality when Grayson slowly took my hand and then stood up. His head bowed down as he wiped his tears using his other hand since both of our hands are still intertwined.

It was all blurry, and the only thing that I was sure of was when I saw them—the Vanderbilt's—standing in front of the dead bodies of my family.

Anger and pain filled my heart.

When he looked at me again was the only time that I let go of his hand.

"D-Did you know?" he asked, his voice shaking. "T-That I was like t-this?"

I forced a smile again and said, "Just a hunch."

Grayson smiled back, but I can tell he was just forcing himself as well.

"I'm thirsty..." he trailed off without looking at me.

"I know," I replied. I took his hand again and added, "Let's go to my apartment."

---

After several minutes, we finally arrived at my apartment.

"Just sit down and stay there," I beckoned. "I'll fetch you something to drink."

He looked at me with his eyes widened and said, "A-Are you going to a-abduct a person?"

He looks so terrified. Psh.

I scoffed and replied, "Tss. Drink your own blood, then. You're still partly human anyway."

"W-What the... Hey!" he yelled at me that made me look at him with my eyebrows furrowed. Then he looked down at his hands and added, "S-Sorry."