Chapter 26

Chapter 26
~*~
(Grayson's Point of View)

I don't know how long I've been sleeping, but I sure as hell feel so much better. In fact, I don't even feel a tiny bit of pain anymore.

Huh? How did that happen? I was expecting to have a terrible hangover. What time is it?

"You're awake?" I heard a familiar voice of someone coming from behind me.

I sat up straight and scratched my eyes to get a better look around the place.

Wait... This is Serena's apartment...

"How did I get here?" I asked right away, looking at her while she sips her drink.

"I took you here," she said without any expression on her face.

"How did you know where to find me?" I asked, still confused about everything.

"I'm a vampire, that's how," she said as she took another sip of her drink. "Anyway, do you feel better? Do you want to drink or eat anything?"

I looked at her suspiciously since this is the first time she's asked me if I feel better. This is also the first time she's offered me drink and food.

"Yeah... Strangely, I don't feel any pain or whatsoever—not even a hangover," I said, still looking at her suspiciously, but her face remained blank as if unbothered by my look at her.

"That's good," she replied with no hint of interest at all as she nodded her head.

"So, how did you really know where to find me?" I asked once again since she gave me a vague answer earlier.

"Why did you drink?" Serena asked, avoiding yet again my question.

Why don't you want to answer that question, huh?

"I asked you first. Where---"

"Your Mom called me a while ago when you were still asleep, asking me where you are." Serena stood up from the counter and walked towards her fridge to get a Mango Juice. While she pours herself a drink, she began talking once more, "I covered for you. You really owe me big time, Gray. I hate getting phone calls from people who are so worried."

Damn it! I forgot that Mom didn't know where I was! But it's not like I'm going to tell her in the first place, though... It would worry her even more, and I don't want that to happen.

"T-Thank you," I sheepishly replied while scratching the back of my neck.

"If you're really thankful, then tell me the reason why you drank. Why did you get wasted like that?" she further insisted.

But I really don't want to tell her...

"I can't tell you. I don't want to," I answered with a hushed voice.

Remembering what happened still hurts me. I don't think I'm comfortable enough to tell her, adding to the fact that Serena and I are not even close—we're not even friends, for Pete's sake!—for me to share her this personal story of mine.

"Why? Is it that bad for you to not tell me?" Serena asked with a wonder in her eyes. "Is it something personal?"

"Yes," I forthrightly said. "Very personal."