Chapter 15

Chapter 15
-*-
(Grayson's Point of View)

As soon as the bell rang, my phone suddenly buzzed. I took it out only to find Katherine calling me.

"Hello?" I answered immediately.

"G-Grayson, I really need your help right now. As in right now! Please meet me by the stairs? It's an emergency," she said then hung up.

She sounded so anxious as if someone's out there to abduct and kill her or something.

I packed all of my stuff then hurriedly went down the stairs. Just as Katherine said, she's standing right there with her arms crossed and her face tear-stained.

"Grayson," she cried as soon as she saw me.

I hugged her and she hugged me back.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, obviously worried about her.

"I-I can't tell you here... Please come with me to somewhere quiet, where no one can find us."

Her eyes are pleading, and I couldn't help but nod.

"Okay, I know a place. Let's go," I said then took her hand.

Just as we were about to head out, Aaron approached us looking all amused.

"Going out on a date?" he said, grinning.

"Get lost, Aaron," I hissed then pushed him aside so Katherine and I could make our way out.

"I think you forgot about Serena," he added.

I stopped for a second to let what he said sink in my head, but I decided to not let it bother me. I can't deal with Serena right now because I'm worried about Katherine. Katherine needs me right now, and helping her is all that matters to me.

I care about her too much that I can't resist her.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

We continued to walk until we reached the park nearby. We ended up getting by the lake. There weren't any other people around since, I figured, it's freezing cold out here.

"Here," I said, handing Katherine my beanie.

"You sure?" she asked, and I only nodded in response. "Thank you."

"So... wanna tell me what happened?" I asked, looking at her intently while her eyes focused on the view. "I mean it's okay if you don't want---"

"No, no, I do and I will. I just... I don't know where to begin because this is really going to change everything," she softly said, almost like a whisper.

"It's okay. You can tell me everything," I insisted.

Katherine heaved a sigh and closed her eyes. She then took her gloves off and showed me her wrists. There are scratches on them.

My eyes widened at the sight and said in shock, "what the... Katherine, what happened? Did someone do this to you? Who did this to you?!"

She wore her gloves back on and shook her head.

"I'm warning you... If I tell you, everything would change because this person is someone you for sure really care about."

"Tell me, I don't care. All I care about is knowing who did this to you, so I can make that person pay for what he or she did!"

She closed her eyes again and said, "it's S-Serena."

My eyes widened, "what?!"

She opened her eyes and looked directly at my eyes with full of sadness and anxiousness, "it was so unexpected. W-We were just talking, and then she suddenly grabbed my wrists and s-scratched them until they started b-bleeding. She told me to stay away from you, and if I don't then I would definitely d-die the next time."