Epilogue

Epilogue
~*~

1 month later...

I stood up straight on the edge of the building. I took a deep breath as I stared at the skyline of Chicago and the city lights...

It's been a month now since all that tragedy happened. It's been a month since I turned into a vampire. It's been a month since I last saw her...

It's only been a month, but it already feels like it's been decades or even centuries.

I feel incomplete, and I know for sure what—or rather who—exactly I need.

Three months ago, I met this girl who happened to be a vampire. Obviously I was terrified because those such creatures actually exist.

And who would've thought I'll fall in love with her?

No, this is not going to be a Twilight-cliché story. This is about my vampire girlfriend who only became my girlfriend because of that stupid two-month contract with those stupid three rules.

And figures... I've already broken all of them, including the third one.

I wanted to tell her about my feelings for her, but how can I when she's gone? How can I when she suddenly just disappeared?

Serena, where the hell did you go?

I sighed and closed my eyes, feeling the cool breeze on my face.

Somehow, I can sense her presence.

I must be missing her really, really bad.

"Long time no see."

Now I'm even hallucinating. Great.

I opened my eyes only to find...

"S-Serena?!"

"Hi, Gray baby."

I blinked. I blinked again. And again and again and again. I even scratched my eyes just to clarify if I'm seeing things right.

She took my hand and intertwined it with hers.

"I'm here," she said calmly. "I really am here."

It took me a moment to even utter a single word, "W-Where have you been? H-How... How are you?"

"Just... here and there."

"A-Are you feeling okay?" I asked, giving her a meaningful look.

I still can't believe she's here! And I know that it's all real because I can really sense her presence. I'm not daydreaming or hallucinating because it feels real.

Last month, that night when Hunter was supposed to kill me but Serena came and got stabbed instead only to protect me...

I understood why she did that. Aaron explained it to me.

Serena was, and still is, the owner of that dagger. She doesn't die even if she get stabbed in the heart with it. Instead she turns into a human.

That dagger was the cure to vampires who wish to be a human again. However, it's still that vampire's choice whether or not he or she wants to be a human or remain a vampire. Once you choose, you can never go back.

So, I wonder... Did she drink a vampire's blood and remained a vampire? Or did she choose to live as a human?

"I feel more than okay now that I'm here with you," she answered sincerely, looking at me straight in the eyes. "What about you? How are you feeling?"

"Relieved," I replied in an instant. "You have a lot of stories to tell me."

"I do owe you a lot, don't I?" she said, smiling. She held up our intertwined hands, and we both smiled at each other. "Let's jump."

My eyes widened, "W-What?"

"Wait, don't tell me you haven't tried jumping off a building before?" she said as if in disbelief.

"Uh, no? Who would do such a thing?"

"I guess there's still a lot that you don't know about being a vampire," Serena held my hand more tightly. "I'll show you how it's done."

"W-Wait..." I trailed off, looking down at the bottom of the building.

It's too high!

"Come on, Gray. Live a little dangerously," said Serena with her eyes full of excitement. "It's going to be all right. Do you trust me?"

I nodded my head as an answer.

"On the count of three, we're going to jump," she instructed. "Okay. One... Two..."

Fin.