Chapter 63

"Hmm, Time to get you home and out of those wet clothes," Harry says without a trace of his usual cheekiness as he looks down at my soaked jeans.

"Harry, we JUST got back together, don't you think you should maybe wait longer than five minutes before you start trying to undress me?" I ask him, looking up at him from under my eyelashes.

The smile that breaks through his features startles me in its earnestness as he slides his hand into mine, entwining our fingers and slides it into one of his own pockets

"I see you've not lost your dirty mind whilst I've been away!" He teases me "But, I think you'll find that I was simply trying to be a gentleman, don't want you getting sick." He says with a smile as we start to walk back in the direction of his house.

The rain is lessening now which I am grateful for, as much as kissing Harry in the rain is going to go down on my list of top ten moments, he's right, I really should be looking after my health better.

"In all seriousness, I may have to borrow some of your clothes when we get back," I tell him, reaching my free hand into my handbag and pulling out my inhaler to settle the wheeze that accompanies my words. Harry's brow furrows as he watches me take a puff.

"Of course, baby, whatever you need."

As the road comes back into view and Harry leads me across the sodden grass. I can't help but lazily run my thumb across the hard rings on his fingers encircling my hand in his pocket.

It can't be normal to have missed someone's hands so very much. From just this simple, innocent connection, my body is on fire. The warmth from his hand radiating up through my fingers, my wrist, my arm, and sliding its way down into my heart.

I've never really been one for public displays of affection, and god knows, kissing one of the most famous men on the planet in the middle of a park isn't the most sensible thing in the world to do.

However, the taste of his lips still lingers on mine from our earlier kiss, and I can't seem to help myself as my feet stop moving forward and Harry jerks back in surprise at the resistance from my hand.

"Are you ok?" He asks me, his brow creasing with curiosity as he looks down at me with hooded eyes.

I nod shyly, tugging slightly on his hand and forcing him to take a step back towards me until there are just centimetres between us.

"Kiss me, Harry," I whisper quietly reaching my free hand up to the nape of his neck to bring his face down to mine gently.

A brief look of shock sweeps across his chiselled features but is replaced almost instantly by one of desire as his eyes dilate and he slowly wets his lips with the tip of his pink tongue.

The distance between up disappears in a rush as we meet in a hard, breathless kiss.

Harry's hand slides around my waist, lifting me to the tips of my toes, making the length of our bodies press tightly together. The ache for him grows almost painful with every passing second, and I wrap my fingers in his coat as I battle with the desire to pull him down to the grass right here, right now.

Not practical, Katie, I think, as I force myself to tear my lips from his, a slight groan escapes his mouth at the sudden loss.

"We need to get home," I say shyly, feeling his own need to do so dig into my hip, I tighten my grip on the fabric I still cling to and sigh.

"Now." I quickly give him a chaste kiss and pull away, but his lips chase the air after me, his eyes closed and brow furrowed with need.

When he finally opens his eyes to mine, his pupils are dark and dilated with pleasure. He unravels my fingers from his clothes, kissing the backs of my knuckles of each of my hands as he does so before he begins tugging me gently along the short walk back to his house.