CHAPTER 3

Achilles POV

Wala ako sa mood. Sino ba namang hindi? Tracy and I broke up again! We've been in and out of our relationship for almost six years. Six fuckin' years! Natiis ko siya nang ilang taon kahit kabi-kabilang mga babae ang nagpapakita ng motibo sa akin.

Hindi sa pagmamayabang pero isa ako sa mga most sought-after bachelors ng Pilipinas. Our family owns the biggest hospital in the country, and modesty aside—I am the current President.

Aside from being the President of our own hospital, I am a Cardiothoracic surgeon too. Manggagamot na dalubhasa sa operasyon ng puso. My talents and abilities were not secluded only in the hospital. I also have a career in car racing. Binansagan akong hari ng race track noong kabataan ko. Sabi nga nila, kung gaano ako katinik sa daan, ganoon din ako katinik sa mga chicks.

Girls are swooning after me. They offer themselves to me like I am a god in the Greek Olympus. They worshiped me for being an expert not only in cars, but most especially— in bed. Kaya ako binansagang 'heartbreaker' at 'Casanova' dahil kung sino-sino na lang ang nali-link sa akin.

Sa kabila nang mabigat na paratang nila sa akin, the fact is, I know how to love. Sa katunayan, Tracy was my first serious girlfriend. Nagkakilala kami sa Medical School. We were friends first and eventually fell in love with each other. We discovered we were compatible in so many things—especially in "fucking". That made our relationship grew stronger. And so I thought.

Things changed when we got busy with our chosen careers. She decided to specialised in Obstetric-Gynecology while I went on to become a surgeon. We hardly see each other and that created a huge gap in our relationship. I decided we need to cool off and she never hesitated to agreed on that. I was a kinda bit hurt because I was thinking she would fight for us but I overestimated her love.

She continued her specialisation and so I did too. After that, I had my fair share of flings, some were my colleagues and some were known celebrities. That was when I was tagged as a Casanova. Until one day, I found Tracy knocking on my door, asking me to rekindle the fire we once had. I agreed because I still felt something for her too.

So we resumed our so-called "relationship". I thought we're going to upgrade our past to something better but we ended up hurting each other again. Parang naulit lang ang nangyari dati, wala na naman siyang oras sa akin.

Masyado raw busy ang kanyang schedule. May pagkakataon ngang naghanda ako ng surprise dinner sa kanya sa aming anniversary pero hindi siya sumipot dahil nagkaroon daw siya ng Emergency Cesarean Section sa isa niyang pasyente.

I broke up with her after her surgery. I understand the nature of her job but I am a man who have needs too. I want to be prioritised too! Unfair para sa akin na nakakagawa ako ng paraan para mag-compromise upang makasama si Tracy pero siya, hindi nag-e-effort. She cried and beg me to stay but I got fed up and left her apartment.

I was back with my habit of going out with other girls while she, as I have heard, found a new love in one of her co-doctors. I was a bit hurt but I moved on. Maraming nagkakandarapa sa aking babae, hindi siya kawalan. Nang mabalitaan kong nag-break sila n'ong ex niya, hindi ko alam kung bakit biglang nais kong makipag-date sa kanya ulit.

We dated again and get back with each other like nothing happened. But man, we keep on repeating the same mistake again. We keep on fighting because of her priorities! Parang cycle ang aming relationship. Magbabati, mawawalan ng oras, mag-aaway, magbi-break. Paulit-ulit na lang at nakakasawa na!

She didn't grow up. Akala ko may mali sa akin dahil baka masyado na akong makasarili kasi gusto ko lagi ang atensyon niya. But when I discovered that she and her ex broke up with the same reason, I gave up.
Wala ng pag-asa si Tracy. She doesn't love me as much as she love her career. She's selfish and over competitive. Things wouldn't work out kahit ipilit ko pa.