10

After watching the cast rehearse, Carleigh took me backstage with her to the girls ensemble dressing room. It wasn't much longer until the doors would be opened for the public to storm in.

I was still in utter disbelief about the fact that I was actually going to see Hamilton tonight. Thayne told me he's been having that ticket in his grasp for quite a while, he even talked to Sarah and Megan about if I could have a day off today, just so I could visit the show.

It's ridiculous how much time he's spent preparing all of this, just to surprise me.

I laugh with the girls as they get ready and we throw the most random jokes into the room. Carleigh is the first who's done. She rushed a little with getting ready, though I don't know why. I guess I'll find out now, as she approached me and grinned innocently.

"What do you have planned and do I need to be scared?", was my first question and the girls laughed. Carleigh only shook her head and replied "Don't worry, Y/N, nothing to be scared of. I do have something for you, though, and I need you to close your eyes."

I frowned at her, but did as she said and closed my eyes. I only hope she wouldn't mess with me or something. I've learned to grow a little cautious around her.

I heard her footsteps as she walked around the room, before they came to a stop once more before me and she said "Open your eyes."

And when I opened my eyes, I came to face a beautiful blue dress.

"What am I supposed to do with that?", I asked and raised a brow at Carleigh, but I had a thought of where this was going.

"It's a dress of mine that I want you to wear tonight."

I groaned "Oh come on, Carleigh, you've 'pampered' me enough today."

Carleigh grinned, before a more serious look took over her face and she said in a voice a little lower "I know that you're training 40 hours a week. That's way too much if you don't take breaks. Just because you didn't go to practice on one day, doesn't mean you'll start at zero the next. You need to relax sometimes and you need to get pampered when you do. Now, wear the dress for tonight and if Thayne loves it, keep it."

I frowned at her and pouted slightly "Thayne told you how often I practice, didn't he?"

Carleigh winked at me "Your webpage from the ISU also says how often you practice. I didn't need Thayne to tell me."

I'm feigned shock I gasped and hit her arm "You little stalker!"

Carleigh laughed and then said "C'mon, put on that dress. The girls and I will help you get so beautiful to blow everyone away."

I shook my head laughing.

"And if you should post a picture of you looking real snazzy on Instagram, please feel free to tag us all!"

Why did I end up befriending these people?

Carleigh and the girls did end up making me look all snazzy. With the help of a couple of the ensemble guys – Thayne not included – they snuck me to the door that led to the audience. With the help of a security person, I found my seat. It was somewhere middle-ish and I had a good view of the stage.

There were a couple of seats free on my left and right, but the crowd had just now started pouring in, so I bet they'll be filled within a couple of minutes.

I wasn't wrong.

The theatre was getting more and more packed and I had to stand up a couple of times to let people pass. Two in particular made my heart stop.

Deaths today: three

Beyoncé. And. Jay Z. Sit. Down.

Right next to me.

I swear to our lord and savior I think my heart will not be able to function after today.

I took a deep breath and glanced down at my hands after I sat down again. Holy shit.

I pull out my phone, dim the brightness on it so much that only I can see what I'm doing and open the group chat I share with my family.

Skater2: imagine this. me sitting in the audience of Hamilton. Beyoncé. sitting next to me.

It doesn't even take that long before the first response comes.

Skater1: BEYONCÉ?!

SAW: HAMILTON?!

Jody-o: why are you the lucky one in the family?

I can already see Dagny and Brady starting to type at the same time, but luckily mom broke things up before this would spiral into absolute chaos.

Supreme Leader: Come on children, be happy for your sister.

And seconds later, dad follows.

Leader: Listen to your mother.

Just as I had hoped, silence falls in the group. Until Jordan of course has to continue the discussion.

Jody-o: how did you even get a ticket?

I started typing, but my siblings are faster. How are they faster at typing than I am?

Duckling: because of her boyfriend~

I rolled my eyes but smiled softly. As much as I hate my siblings sometimes, I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. Okay, there's one thing I'd probably trade them for, not that I'd ever tell anyone about that.

SAW: have you kissed yet?

Duckling: I bet they did

Tyre: can we not talk about our sister's love life?

Leader: Since when does Y/N have a boyfriend?

Duckling: dad...don't you ever read the news?

Leader: Yes, I do read the news. They don't say anything about my oldest daughter to be in a relationship though!

Tyre: that's because she means the news you find on the internet

Skater2: I have a feeling that I'm being stalked by my family.

Adams response makes me chuckle slightly.

Skater1: Don't worry, I have that feeling a lot too.

Before I would have witnessed this to go way out of hand, I decided to turn off my phone and stash it away in my bag, just before the shows about to start.