29

Thaynes lips on mine set butterflies off in my stomach.

My crutches drop to the floor as I wrap my arms around Thayne's neck, burying my fingers in his scalp and blending out my surroundings, focusing solely on him.

The kiss seems to go on for eternity, until we're forced to part for air.

Thayne leans his forehead against mine, staring into my soul as it seems. His brown eyes glitter with tears and my soft smile turns into a frown.

"Don't worry, I'm just happy you're finally back and that I finally got to do this," Thayne mumbles at my frown and I giggle in response.

Only now to I register the cheers of the cast around us. Someone yells "Finally!"

In response, I blush a deep red and bury my face in Thayne's neck, who holds me close and grins like an idiot.

"Carleigh, did you get it all?", someone calls, I think it's Lin, but I'm not sure.

"Yup," Carleigh replies and the cast cheers once more. I guess Carleigh got it on camera. Great.

Thayne giggles and then lays a finger under my chin, pushing my face up. Then he mumbles "One more for the camera?"

I snort "And I thought you wanted one because you want to, not because someone has their camera pointed at us."

"If I wanted one just because I want to, I wouldn't have asked," Thayne said, his voice suddenly taking on a dark tone, sending shivers down my smile. And seconds later, his lips latch back onto mine.

Knowing Carleigh, she probably got thousands of professional shots of this kiss by the moment we part and I don't doubt the fact that she will send all of those to Thayne and I later on.

"I love you," Thayne mumbles against my lips in the short moment that we part for air, which is followed by yet another kiss.

When we part again it's my turn to say "I love you, too."

Suddenly we hear someone squeal next to our ears, sending me into a cardiac arrest and Thayne probably into oblivion.

"They said it!", Carleigh practically screams beside us and tackles us in a hug. I laugh at her behavior.

"Seriously Carleigh, this is no reason for you to kill our eardrums," I say, to which Carleigh shoots me a glare that says 'Oh honey if you only knew.' Apparently it is enough reason for her to kill our eardrums. I'm taking back what I said.

Finally Thayne lets go of my waist just a little so I can sit down on the closest seat, doing my knee some good.

Thayne sits beside me, wrapping his arms securely around my middle and pulling me as close as the seats allow, before ultimately deciding to lift me up into the air and sit down in my seat, placing me in his lap afterwards, just to the delight of the cast.

"Y'all think this is really funny, don't you," I say to the cast rather than ask, to which they all simultaneously nod.

I have a feeling about this and knowing Carleigh, I'm probably not wrong.

"How is your knee?", Pippa asks me and I praise the gods that they finally gave me someone who wanted to change the subject.

"It's okay. The surgery went well and I should go without crutches in a couple of days, after checking up with a doctor. Then I'll have to go through rehab for a while and I guess I'll be able to set foot on the ice in about half a year."

Thayne immediately tenses up and I quickly add "I'm planning to sit out this coming season anyways so I can return at full strength just in time for the Olympic season next year. And I've got an occupation for the next season."

"You mean your new student?", Carleigh asks and I nod "Yup, Jun-hwan is a real cutie. I can't wait to get to work with him. He's truly talented."

After a couple of seconds I quickly add "Don't worry Thayne, he's too young for me. I would go to jail if I tried something, I'd rather stay with you."

The cast coos at your comment while Thayne nuzzles his nose into my neck. I can feel him smile.

"And don't worry, I'd also go to jail for you. I'd cross the seven seas to get to you," I add, just to make him feel more embarrassed. I can tell it's working when I feel his cheeks burning against my neck.

"You're too cheesy."

"You chose me."

"Point given."