23

"Hey Thayne, you okay?"

Thayne's head shot up and he looked at Lin, who had concern flickering in his eyes.

"What? Sorry, I tuned out a little," Thayne mumbled and shook his head slightly.

"I asked if you're okay. You seem out of it all day already," Lin replied and raised a brow at the other man, obviously worried about him. After this morning's news, it was no wonder.

"Yeah, I'm good. No need to worry," Thayne said and shot Lin a not so convincing smile, but either way, Lin would have to take it as it is for now.

"Sorry for bumping into this conversation," Carleigh said, pushing herself into this circle the two men formed, despite the fact that two people can't form circles. Well, Carleigh turned it into one now.

Carleigh pointed her finger at Thayne's chest and said "You're not okay. Everything, but not okay. Spit it out!"

"What do you mean?", Thayne asked but a glare from Carleigh shut him up soon enough.

"You know exactly what I mean and I'm not gonna pull this outta you. Say it yourself and get those worries out of your head. Now."

Thayne sighed and ran a hand through his hair, averting his gaze to the floor. He knew Carleigh was right, but that didn't mean he wanted to admit it.

"You're sad tha-", Lin began, but Carleigh slapped her hand in front of his mouth before he could continue with what he wanted to say, obviously not having it. She wanted Thayne to say it and nobody should help him.

Thayne heaved another sigh, before he mumbled "I'm...I...sad..."

Under normal circumstances, Carleigh would've snorted or something, but this was serious.

"Why?", she asked and stemmed her hands in her hips, raising a brow at the taller male before her, who suddenly seemed so small.

"Well...I mean, she left without a word and...I...I don't know when she's coming back...", Thayne said, rubbing the back of his neck uncomfortably. He was semi-good at voicing his emotions, especially in situations like these. And situations like these were unbelievably rare, which made him feel even more uncomfortable.

Carleigh and Lin both sighed simultaneously, before Carleigh wrapped her arms around Thayne to hug him tight. And before he knew it, there were tears rolling down his cheeks.

Neither of these three ever expected Thayne to fall this deep for someone that he'd cry over something so simple. She'd left without a word, so of course Thayne would be sad. But to this extreme is an outcome nobody here saw coming.

Soon enough, Thayne was engulfed in a group hug by the entire cast, Oak, Daveed and Anthony yelling random obscenities to lighten up the mood.

Queen: When will you land?

I glance out the window and think for a moment.

Queen2.0: Half an hour I guess, give or take

I reply and lean back in my seat, stifling a yawn. If only I'd have flown with the timezones. That would've been so much easier than flying against the timezones. And after twenty hours of flight I'm more than ready to drop dead.

Queen: Okay, I'll head out now to get to the airport. Don't you run away without me.

Yuna's reply makes me huff a laugh. Of course I'm gonna run away.

Queen2.0: Not that I'd get far anyways. Still high on pain killers, remember?

Yuna doesn't respond and so I turn my phone back off before the announcement even comes on to please turn your phone off.

I lean back further in my seat and close my eyes, letting the last couple of days glide past my inner eye, along with my regrets.

I sigh lowly as my mind flows to think about the inevitable.

Thayne.

I left without a word. I don't even know why. I guess I couldn't handle heartbreaking goodbyes? Or the pain killers make me unable to think straight? Or I'm just a coward who couldn't stand to face the harsh reality on site and just fled. Either ways, I'm a horrible person.

I feel like shit. I should've said something to him. Should've told him goodbye. Should've hugged him goodbye. Should've...maybe that would've gone too far, but I wouldn't have been there for the aftermath anyways.

I'm a coward.

I deserve any kind of punishment he throws my way.

We're not even celebrating New Years together...

Okay, no.

This is not a good moment to start crying.

Definitely not a good moment to start crying.

I'm strong. I'm stupid for doing this. I can do this.

Figure skater Y/N Rippon leaves for South Korea after knee surgery to recover and find to old strength alongside retired figure skater, friend and mentor, Yuna Kim.