20

I sit in the dressing room and am pulling up the right leg of my leggings, all under the watchful gaze of my coach and Thayne.

I don't look at either of them as I pull the fabric up over my knee. The tape is skin colored, so that it makes the slight purple tint of my knee beneath just a little more obvious.

Wow, that bruised fast.

Sarah knelt down in front of me and checked out my knee for a couple of seconds, before she said "You won't compete at the Final."

My breath remains stuck in my throat and I look at her in disbelief. No.

"What?"

"You heard me. I won't let you onto the ice until that's healed. We'll file the documents for a withdrawal later after your participation is officially announced."

I shake my head "No, you can't do that to me. I worked so hard to get here, I have to-" "What you have to do is rest!"

"You don't understand!" "No, you don't understand! You can't go on like this! You know your knee is weak!" "I'm better! I can walk, run, do everything on the ice I usually do! My knee is just a little bruised from the fall!"

"Y/N, do you think I'm stupid? Your knee can't possibly become that purple within five minutes. And the tape doesn't make it any better."

I ball my hands to fists and feel my eyes starting to burn as I look up at Sarah.

"I have to do this." "No. I won't allow it. I don't want to see you destroying your body."

I pause and press my lips to a thin line. I lower my head in defeat and stare down at my hands. Then I whisper "Please. Just the final. After that I will take a break."

"Well that's going to be because you got yourself into one," Sarah retorts and I know what she means. She thinks my knee isn't going to be able to hold the pressure of competing at the final.

"If you want to go compete at the final, fine, go and have fun. But without me," Sarah then says.

My head shoots up and I look at her with wide eyes "What do you mean?"

"If you go compete, I won't join. And if you do end up hurting yourself, I will resign from my position as your coach."

That said, Sarah turns around and leaves.

One tear slips down my cheek. 

Then another.

And another.

And then it's like an entire waterfall.

Thayne sits down beside me and takes me into his arms just as I let out a sob. He pulls me close and I start crying into his shoulder. Thayne only hugs me, rocking me back and forth gently, and says nothing.

It feels like forever until the tears are non-existent and I'm just shaking from the aftermath of tears.

"Come on, get changes. I bet the other's will get your mind off of this," Thayne mumbles and nuzzles my hair with his nose a little, before he stands up and leaves the dressing room to let me change in silence and privacy, his phone already in hands.

I take my time to change, wanting to have a little solitude before I'd go meet up with the others.

I get a message from Megan but I don't open it, too afraid to read what she says. With my luck, she might just want to resign just like Sarah.

When I get out, Thayne is already waiting for me. Of course he is, where else would he have gone?

As I now stand before him, he wraps his scarf around my neck and takes my bag from me to carry it himself.

"You don't need to do this," I mumble, but Thayne just shakes his head and says "Come on, let's go."

On the way out I finally pull out my phone and decide to call Adam. He'll know what to do. At least I hope he'll respect my point of view.

He answers after two rings with the words "Shouldn't you have practice right now?"

My lower lip starts to quiver slightly and Thayne wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me close, to show me he's there for me and I've got his support.

"Ads, I need to tell you something."

"Oh no what's wrong? You've been crying, I can hear that," Adam says in an instant and I sniffle, a small tear already slipping down my cheek.

"I fell during practice. My knee looks like a disaster. Coach wants me to withdraw from the Final or she'll resign as my coach if I end up injured should I go to compete. And I think Megan will do the same."

I hear Adam sigh as I lean my head against Thayne's shoulder, before Adam then replies "How do you feel?"

"Like shit? Or do you mean my knee?", I reply and Adam huffs a laugh "I mean your knee."

"I can walk without pain," and that only because I've learned how to deal with this pain months ago.

Adam hums in response and I can tell he's thinking, before he goes "I won't stop you from competing should you really be announced to go. But I want you to rest as much as you can until the Final. And if something does happen, I know who to call."

That's right. Adam broke his foot a while back. He said the doctor who treated him is good at his work and my brother said earlier that, should I ever have knee issues again, we could go to that doctor together.

"Thank you, Ads. I love you."

"I love you too, Y/N."

so, I've got a little something for the BTS fans who maybe found themselves here.

I published a story titled Tear // Min Yoongi in honor of their new album and just wanted to let you know it's out there. So, tell your friends if they like BTS they could find new trash on my page.

Outro: Tear is my favorite song and makes me emotional as fuck so prepare for my story (titled after this song) to be emotional as fuck as well. Actually, you might need to pack some tissues for that ride as we go along.

Anyways yeah bye tELL YOUR FRENS