36

I woke up the next morning, cuddled in Thayne's arms. The two of us had actually managed to squish into my bed, clinging to the other as if we're each other's lifeline.

I can't help but smile as I am face to face with a familiar sight. It reminds me of the morning after we went to the club and I woke up cuddled tightly into Thayne's chest.

His mouth is slightly opened as soft breaths escape his lips, his warm breaths caressing my skin.

After his surprise yesterday, he, Jun-hwan and Yuzuru took me out for dinner. Javier was excluded and as much as I like him, I only do so on a friendly, sibling way, not the way he likes me. I realized it when my eyes fell on Thayne after the kiss I shared with Javier.

Tons of messages had come in over my Twitter, Instagram and my not-that-much-used Facebook page, congratulating me to my birthday.

Thayne even posted a picture on his Instagram that he took at dinner to celebrate my birthday publicly.

Of course, a lot of people started jumping to conclusions again. After all, Thayne came to Canada for me? Something's got to be up.

And in all honesty, we haven't really cleared what's between us yet. We just lived in the moment and enjoyed the time we spent together. I guess we might have to talk about this today.

Adam and my siblings all decided to team up against me by posting one of the probably most embarrassing pictures of me on ice on Instagram, captioning it with "This mess has been alive for 22 years now and we keep wondering how she gets by every day."

It's not that embarrassing on a level "I can never let myself be seen again" but for me its embarrassing enough

I lashed out at them in the comments where I said "none of y'all are getting any gifts for your birthdays or for Christmas for the next ten decades". I think put up a good fight against them that way.

Others that decided to celebrate my birthday online were Ashley, Mao and a lot of the figure skating Team USA.

And of course, the cast of Hamilton, in a video that Carleigh posted where she's spinning in a circle and the cast is singing "Happy Birthday".

I sometimes question why my friends all have to be so extra, but I love them all, nonetheless.

My stomach calls for me in a low rumble and I feel like I have no other choice but to shuffle out of Thayne's embrace, pouting a little as I leave him and climb out of bed. I really would have loved to stay longer, but my hunger wins over my longing for love, so I have no other chance but to oblige to my stomach's will.

I tiptoe into the kitchen, taking my phone along with me to scroll through my social medias and read through countless birthday wishes and smile at pictures and videos people created of me.

Then I go through my text messages that I got from friends and family, responding to those I didn't read anymore last night, before moving to my mails.

Occasional mails from websites I'm subscribed to, wishing me a happy birthday and giving me a discount for my next purchase.

And then, I see a mail name that almost makes me drop my phone.

Evgeni Plushenko.

I must be dreaming.

I must be.

I pinch myself as hard as I can and rub my eyes to make sure I was seeing correctly and the mail is still available, so I tap on it to read it and make sure it's real.

Y/N,

First of all, happy birthday to you. I hope you had a great day with your friends, if you can't be with your family.

Second of all, I write to you with a purpose. In July, there'll be a skating show in Beijing and I was asked if I could perform there. I already have an idea to what song I want to skate and I was wondering if you would like to work on this one with me.

It's the song you skated to this season, your free program.

I have a rough idea on how I would want to intertwine your performance to this song with mine, but I will make that dependent on how much you will be able to do by June (should you want to do this with me).

Think about it. I'll leave my number below, so correspondence will be easier.

Evgeni

I stare at the mail in disbelief, still unable to believe that this is real.

Then I start squealing like a madwoman, jumping and almost throwing my phone away in the process.

A loud thump comes from my room down the hall and seconds later Thayne barges out into the hallway and towards the kitchen, looking wide awake as he tries to figure out what's going on. Quick to follow him are Jun-hwan and Yuzuru, both of which look just as concerned at the sudden noise I emitted.

"What happened?", Thayne asks, a little out of breath as he walks over with long strides to check if I was okay.

I grin up at him brightly and nearly shove my phone into his face as I squeal "Evgeni Plushenko wants to collaborate with me for a skating show!"

"Noona, really?", Jun-hwan mumbles in his native language beneath his breath, though smiling a little at my excited antics. Yuzuru beside him laughs and walks past Thayne to hug me "That's great."

Though I still can't believe that this is real, I think I'm the happiest woman on earth right now.

CONGRATS TO YUZURU HANYU ON BREAKING WORLD RECORDS AND ALMOST BREAKING THE 300 POINTS MARK AT THE GRAND PRIX OF HELSINKI AND GETTING GOLD AND CONGRATS TO JUNHWAN GETTING BRONZE AT HELSINKI TOO I HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE FINAL ALONGSIDE YUZURU LETS PRAY FOR MY SON I LOVE THESE BOYS AND THEY DESERVE THE WORLD AND JUNHWAN DESERVES MORE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.

watch Jun-hwan's long program that got him bronze

watch Yuzuru's long program that got him gold

enjoy masterpieces