Let The Games Begin

I couldn't believe what he just said. He wanted me to marry him?! I didn't know whether to kiss him or slap him. Should I laugh or cry? I was seventeen! What seventeen year old girl gets married?! You know, besides the pregnant ones? I searched Darnellel's eyes for something. Anything to tell me that he was just saying this.

Like I had told him, no one really loved me. No one really cared about me. It was that simple. And for him to say he loved and cared about me... I found it extremely hard to believe. I mean, love is one thing, but marriage?!

"Where's the ring?" I asked, noticing he didn't have one presented.

"Right here," he took a ring out of his pocket.

I exhaled and looked down. "I'm seventeen, Darnellel."

"And? We don't have to rush into it," he said.

"You don't get it," I looked at him. "If I get married now, everyone will think I'm some kind of whore. I want to wait. At least until I'm twenty or older."

With that, I walked away. Was he that stupid? Everyone knows that you aren't supposed to marry in your teens. As I walked to clear my head, I heard a rustle in the bushes. I kept walking only to be stopped by a scary looking girl.

"Hello. Remember me?" she giggled.

It wasn't Molly--I knew that. But her face looked familiar somehow. Oh wait... Gwen. I looked at her and she had this smirk on her face.

"Hi, Gwen," I cleared my throat.

"What did I tell you?" she said.

"I know, I know. You don't have to rub it in," I folded my arms.

"Now, you'll pay the price for not listening to me," she hissed.

I looked over her and with a flick of her finger, I was on the floor, writhing in pain. She said some spell in some language and then whispered in my ear, "Until you start listening to people, you'll be prone to siezures."

"Make it--ugh--stop!" I choked.

She snapped her fingers and it ended. I regained my breath and felt tired.

"You'll have these siezures any time you see a flash, or you get too stressed," she said and vanished.

I stood up and walked back to the house. I went to find Issac. I needed a session badly. I didn't know who else to talk to about this.

"Kate--" Issac said.

"Session, now," I said walking into his room.

"Okay," he said sitting in his chair. "What's wrong?"

"Gwen came back. She told me Nathan would cheat on me, I didn't believe her, then when he came back and I found out he was cheating, Gwen came back and made me prone to siezures because I didn't listen to her," I said in a rush.

"Slow down, Kate," Issac said.

I replayed the memory for him in my mind. When it ended, his jaw dropped and he cleared his throat.

"Isn't there something someone can do to fix me?" I asked.

"She's a witch, Kate," Issac stood. "Only a witch can undo things like this."

"Grr!" I yelled. "I want all of this to end!"

"Kate, I--" Issac stopped.

"What?" I asked.

"How dare he come here...." he growled to himself.

"Who?" I stood concerned.

"Wait here," Issac said and walked out of the room.