Chapter 10

It was Monday. The worst weekday of all. I was tired after spending the weekend binge watching Friends and eating endless amounts of food. But then again, it was that time of the month.

"Move." I shout at a poor Freshman as I walked through the main entrance of the school.

When I got to my locker, I saw Lindsay there putting on lipgloss. I sighed before pulling out some text books for my next lesson.

"Lighten up Kenz." Lindsay said sarcastically and I slammed my locker before slamming hers making her jump.

I don't say anything, I just walk away and get to class.

When I get in, a boy stared at me so I glared at him "Did your mother ever tell you not to stare?!" The boy quickly broke his gaze to look at his lap before I went to my usual seat by the window.

"Woah what's wrong with you?" Jeremiah said, sitting next to me.

"Since when do you take English Lit?"

"Since always, I just transferred class."

I gave a nod in reply before opening my bag to get a pen. "Where's my fucking pen?" I mumble.

"You can borrow one." Jeremiah says and I thank him before he passes me one.

"Is it that time of the month?" He says quietly and I glare at him, unimpressed.

•••

"Have you got any Advil?" I ask Ella as I sit opposite her at lunch.

"No, why?"

"Ugh!" I shout, dropping my head onto the table in front of me, trying to focus on anything but the shearing pain in my stomach.

"Period?" Ella laughs and I whine in reply.

"What's wrong with Mackenzie?" I hear Blake say and I look up to give him a glare.

"What's wrong with you?" Brendan asks next, sitting beside me.

I sit up immediately and stare at everyone at the table.

"I swear to god if one other person asks-"

"What's wrong Mackenzie?" Axel asks innocently, sitting next to Ella. My nostrils flare as I take in a deep breath. Everyone is holding back a laugh and I roll my eyes.

"All of you. Go fuck yourselves."

"Gladly." Blake winks and I roll my eyes.

"I'm going to the toilet. Maybe then you can discuss what's wrong with me." I say dramatically before walking off.

When I get into a cubicle I hear some girls come in and talk.

"I heard that Emmitt and Lindsay had sex at the beginning of summer."

"I heard that Emmitt wasn't satisfied with Mackenzie and he went to Lindsay who threw herself at him."

"Didn't Lindsay and Ryder Wilson have a thing during summer?"

I opened the cubicle and saw the two girls stood there, I recognise them from the cheer team and their eyes widened. They were obviously Freshmen which annoyed me even more.

"You don't know shit. Now run along before you regret you ever mentioned my name." I said to them between my teeth, following them out.