Chapter 23

(A/N Sorry for any mistakes, I'm quickly rewriting a few chapters for u all to read.)

23

"Hey, have you see Ryder?" Brendan asked me as he caught up with me in the corridor.

"No I haven't, why? is there something wrong?"

"No no, he just hasn't showed up since you asked yesterday."

"Oh... he hasn't been answering any of my texts."

"Neither." I sigh as we walk out of school in an awkward silence. He was walking a few steps ahead of me.

"Mackenzie, do you wanna hang out?" Brendan says, stopping me from walking any further.

"Yeah sure." I smile and a big grin appears on his face, happy that we could finally start over and forget everything that happened over the past few weeks.

"The diner?"

"Yep. Maybe Ryder is there, I saw him there yesterday."

 The whole way to the diner, Brendan kept complaining about needed to pee which only made me tease him.  

When we arrive I see one of the tattooed guys I saw the other day sat in a booth on the other side of the diner and I immediately look out for Ryder but he was no where to be seen.

"Brendan," I whisper, nudging him slightly to get his attention, "when I came in the diner the other day, that guy was with Ryder... maybe he'll know where he is."

"Oh. I don't think so. He's probably just a truck driver" He shrugs. "I'm going to the toilet. Get us a booth ok?" I nod in reply and watch as he walks off.

Without thinking twice, I'm already making my way over to the lone man.

"Hello darling." He grins and I notice the subtle british accent. "What can I do for you?"

"You know Ryder Wilson, right?" I try to make my voice sound confident.

"I do." His smile is now touching his eyes and I cant help but feel sick to the stomach at the way he's looking at me. "You're his girl right?"

I ignore his question and straighten up my posture. "Where is he?"

"And what do I get for telling you?"

"Nothing... nothing at all.. Just tell me where he is." His question caught me off guard making me stutter and I internally scream at myself.

His smile turns into a smug smirk as he shakes his head and lets out a small laugh.

"Oh no," he chuckles "you see.. I need something in return, darling." He stands up from his seat and licks his lips.

I turned my head slightly to see if Brendan was  out of the toilet but he was no where to be seen.

"Wh-what do you want?" I try to sound confident but inside I was shitting myself.

"I want you." His eyes were narrowed as he looked at me evilly.

"No." I cross my arms over my chest and he lets out a broken laugh which bellowed loudly.

"Yes. Then I'll tell you where your boyfriend is."

"He's not my-" I stop myself from getting too distracted.

I took a step back to walk away but he grabbed my wrist. I tried to snatch it back but he was too strong. Everyone in the diner was busy with their own conversations and didn't notice me in the corner.

The man reached in his pocket and pulled out a pocket knife, which made me take in a sharp and shaky breath. He hid it slightly in his jacket so that no one else could see it. I felt tears brim in my eyes as I tried to control my breathing. I knew that Brendan was due to come out anytime now.

"We're going to walk out of here, normally. If you dare bring attention to us, I won't hesitate to hurt you. Understand?" He whispered in my ear, pressing the knife against my side discreetly. I nodded hesitantly, hoping that Brendan would walk out at any moment but he didn't. I blinked away my tears unable to control them.

We both walked out of diner without one look from anyone and he led me to his car. The back windows were blacked out and he shoved me in. I looked through the window into the diner and saw Brendan stand in the diner, looking around for me and then out the window, immediately running out after the car but we drove too fast and I saw him get smaller and smaller.

We drove for about 10 minutes and we turned into a dirt road which led up to a warehouse looking building.

"Come on." The man said, pulling me out of the car by my arm.

"You don't have to be so rough." I spat but he just smiled and carried on dragging me to the entrance of the warehouse.

The doors opened as he stepped up to it as if he was some sort of king and he pulled me inside. I was too busy looking around at the two people closing the doors and at their pierced faces and similar build than at who was inside of the Warehouse.

"Look who I found, Boss." The man laughed and I looked to see that Piz person and... Ryder?