Chapter 45

Lindsay quietly passes me the white stick and my breath hitches. Positive.

"I don't know what I'm going to do. I can't have a baby!"

"There are other... options." I suggest and she shakes her head.

"No.. I am not having an abortion." She shakes her head and looks at me again.

"Who's is it?" I ask her but I already knew the answer.

"Emmitt's of course!" She says whith a whimper, her mascara streaming down her face.

"Linds," I wrap my arms around her, "I'll come to the doctors with you. We'll speak to them about options, ok? I can book you an appointment for tomorrow."

"Thank you Mackenzie, you don't understand how much I appreciate you." She sniffles.

I was waiting by my locker when Ryder came up to me from behind. I was on the phone, ringing the doctors.

"Hello, Elk View clinic, how may I help."

"Hello, i'd like to book an appointment for Lindsay Harrison." I say quietly so no passing students could hear, I was facing my locker while the door was open. Ryder had wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, listening in.

"There's a slot tomorrow for 12.30, can you do that?"

"Uh yes. Thank you."

"No worries. Just come in 15 minutes before your appointment and come with your medical files."

"Alright, thank you again."

I hung up and turned to face Ryder who was looking down at me. "Why did you just book a doctors appointment for Lindsay?"

"Long story. I'll tell you once you tell me about your dad."

Ryder sighs, "he's moved back to town and he wants me to move back in with him."

"And are you?"

"No, of course I'm not. Not after Friday. He was telling me how much of a failure I was. I saw it coming, that's why I was so angry and I yelled at you."

"You're anything but a failure Ryder." I tell him and he gives me a small smile.

The main school doors swung open to reveal Blake, disheveled and out of breath. He ran down the corridor as people stared at him, he was coming directly to us and when he did his eyes widened and looked between us.

"Piz is back."