Chapter 39

When I arrived at school, Molly came up to me. "Hey, where were you yesterday?" She asked me.

"We must've missed each other. I stayed at Ryder's last night." I tell her and she nods. "What happened after I left?"

"Nothing, the atmosphere was weird so Tim and I left for school. Your dad didn't show up when we came home though."

"Oh.." I look down at the floor, "I'll come home tonight."

"Good! Because Netflix have just released this series called Riverdale and I wanted to wait to watch it with you." She smiled sweetly as we walked down the corridor towards our lessons.

"Can't wait."

I was sat in Chemistry, tapping my pencil impatiently on my notebook, staring at the clock. Half an hour left.

I stuck my hand up during discussion. "Yes Miss Thomson?" My teacher said.

"Please can I go to the toilet?" I ask and she sighs before nodding. I give Ryder a quick glance before walking out.

As I walk down the hallway I hear quiet sobs. I follow the noises and I see Lindsay slumped down against the wall of the corridor, sat on the floor hugging her legs.

"Lindsay?" I say quietly and her head snaps up to look at me. She rolls her eyes before swallowing her tears.

"What do you want?" She sighed, "come here to make fun of me?"

"No.." I furrow my eyebrows together, walking up to her, "what's wrong?"

"Why do you care? You hate me." She sniffles.

"Look Lindsay. I've been through a lot this past month and if you still think I have a grudge against you then you've got that completely wrong. You've been my bestfriend since kindergarten and despite what you may have done to me, it was obviously for the best because I'm happy now. High school changes us, Lindsay. Good and bad."

"Damn Kenz," she lets out a small laugh, "I didn't realize that I was coming out here for a speech." She sniffles again before bursting into tears, "I'm so sorry Kenz."

I sigh, joining her on the floor and wrapping an arm around her, "It's okay Linds. What's made you this upset anyway?"

"Emmitt cheated on me for this unpopular brat who thinks she's all everything. She stuck up for herself around him when he'd make fun of her and apparently Emmitt gets turned on by irrelevant virgin freaks. I'm so sorry, I know what it feels like now." She bursts into tears again just as a hall monitor came towards us.

"Go to lesson ladies." He said, arms crossed.

"Fuck off." Lindsay mumbled into her knees as she sniffled.

"This is your last warning." He said and I rolled my eyes, standing up and helping Lindsay up.

"Let's go to the canteen." I tell her, linking my arm with hers as we walked down the corridor.

We caught up with everything. Lindsay kept apologizing for everything and I said my few shares of sorry. We were around 10 minutes into lunch when Ryder came up to the table and dropping my bag beside me before sitting next to me on the bench.

"Why didn't you come back to-" He said stopping once he sees Lindsay sat opposite us and his eyebrows furrow together, looking between us.

"We've been sorting out our... friendship." I tell him, patting his leg before looking at Lindsay who was busy on her phone. Shortly after Ryder had arrived, everyone else came, Blake sitting next to Lindsay.

"Hey." He said to her.

"Ew." She said, looking up from her phone. Axel gave me a glance before puckering his lips trying to hold in a laugh. I glared at Lindsay who looked at me then sighed. "I'm sorry... Hey, I'm Lindsay." She says to Blake who raises an eyebrow.

"Blake." He replies with a nod. Ryder nudges me discreetly and I look up to smile at him before he swiftly kisses me.

"You've broken him Kenz." Jeremiah said and Ryder rolled his eyes at him.

"I've gotta go to cheer practice, do you wanna come?" Lindsay asks me, putting away her compact mirror and mascara after just sorting out her makeup.

"Um no, I've gotta study for a quiz."

"Alright, see you around." She gives me a smile. Just as she stands up, Ella comes up to the table and Lindsay gives her a tight lipped smile before walking off.

"Am I dreaming? Or did Lindsay just smile at me?" Ella laughs, sitting opposite me where Lindsay sat.

"Yeah, I think we're friends now?" I say, digging through my bag for something to eat.

"Do you want me to get you something?" Ryder asks me, his hand on my thigh. He was being extremely nice to me and I wasn't complaining but it was really weird.

"Uh, I can get it."

"No let me." He smiles, kissing me on my temple before walking off.

"What the actual fuck." Brendan gapes at me, "you've got him wrapped around your finger."

"I have no idea why he's in such a good mood." I shrug.

"Oh I think I know why," Blake wiggles his eyebrows at me, "Oh Ryder! Yes! Oooo." He moans.

"Jeez Blake, I was gone for a minute and you're already moaning for me." Ryder smirks, placing some fries and soda infront of me just as I kick Blake under the table.

"Thank you." I smile at him before digging into my fries. Molly joined us at the table shortly after and started studying for the quiz with Jeremiah.

(a/n a jumpy chapter I know but I just wanted to get straight to the point and update.)