Chapter 28

Kenzie's POV (before Ryder's arrival)

"M-molly? The Molly?"

"The Molly." She said with a nervous laugh before furrowing her eyebrows together, "are you ok?"

"Oh.. I'm.. No." I quickly unlocked the door and gestured for her to walk in. 

"What happened?" She asked me in a soothing voice. I shut the door quickly and locked it before closing the blinds.

"I've gotta get out of here." I tell her, still sobbing.

"Tell me what happened." She sat on one of the couches and patted the space beside her.

I could tell why Tim and Ryder dated her. She was drop dead gorgeous and I did recognize her. 

"Piz.." I choked out and all color drained from her face but she still looked calm. She nodded gently before taking in a deep breath.

"Piz." She repeated in a whisper. "Did.. did he touch you?"

I shook my head and she let out a deep breath. "Where's Tim?" She asked me just as there was a knock at the door. My eyes widened and my heart started to beat quickly.

"What if it's them?" I whisper.

"Go upstairs and pack a bag." She told me and I nodded, running off up the stairs.

When I reached the top of the stairs I heard Tim's voice, making me stop in my tracks.

"Molly?" He said, sounding surprised. I quickly ran back down the stairs and saw Tim and Zane looking starstruck at Molly. Tim's gaze broke from Molly to me and relief washed over him. "Kenz." He sighed and ran up to me, wrapping his arms round me.

I couldn't help but let out all of my tears onto his shoulder. I was so overwhelmed.

First mom and dad, then getting kidnapped then Molly. Everything was moving too fast and I couldn't keep it in anymore.

"Go speak to Molly." I finally managed to choke out, pulling away from the long hug. He nodded hesitantly before walking over to where Molly was stood. I looked up at Zane and he gave me sympathetic smile before pulling me into a hug. I hugged back, still overwhelmed with everything.

We sat on the sofa together and Tim kept asking me if I was okay whilst getting me snacks and drinks.

Molly was really kind as she explained to Tim her life after this town. She told us that she tried to commit suicide but luckily she survived and was taken to hospital where she got the right treatment. She then told us about how she came back for good to start college. She was a senior in high school aswell but she went to a different school.

I had mostly calmed down but every loud noise would make me jump. I didn't go through what Molly had to go through and I was grateful for that. 

I went up to get more water and Zane followed me into the kitchen. He was also being very nice and I appreciated his presence.

"Thank you for everything." I tell him, filling my glass up with ice.

"It's okay.. really." He told me and I gave him a smile before pouring water into my glass. Whilst I took a sip of my drink I looked at Zane and noticed bruises forming on his face.

"What happened?" I asked him, placing my drink on the counter.

"What do you mean?" His eyebrows were knitted together in confusion as I brushed my thumb over a cut on his cheek. He flinched slightly before hissing. 

I pulled my hand away quickly "Sorry."

"No.. it's fine." He said, taking my hand into his, pulling me closer to him as he lent against the island. 

His eyes were a dark green which complemented his messy brown hair nicely and his stubble was at the perfect length which made him look much older but attractive at the same time.

Just before I noticed that we were about to kiss, there was a frantic knock at the door which made me jump and my breathing started to rise again.

knock knock knock knock

The knocking continued and I walked towards the front door, looking through the peephole. It was Ryder with a worried expression. A wave of relief washed over me but at the same time I felt anger and betrayal. I opened the door and his features turned from the usual stoic expression to a softer look.

"Mackenzie.." He whispered, taking a step towards me but by instinct I took a step back and his expression changed. I felt Zane's hand on my lower back but Ryder didn't seem to notice as his eyes were locked on me.

"I'm so sorry." His voice broke and I couldn't hold in my tears. I quickly wiped them away with the sleeve of my hoodie and turned to look at Molly and Tim who were now stood up from the couch, looking at Ryder.

Ryder looked in the direction I was looking at as soon as he saw Molly he looked like he had just seen a ghost.