Chapter 34

When I woke up, my mom was gone but I was awake just in time for a morning run. Molly had agreed to go with me seeing as Tim got mad the last time I went on my own.

I put on my blue skirt and white polo shirt and slipped into my black and white vans before grabbing my backpack full of school stuff.

Molly was wearing high waisted shorts and a red bandeau with her long blonde hair thrown over her shoulders. When we got downstairs my mom had already made breakfast for us.

"Where's dad?" I asked her and she shrugged timidly before pouring us each a cup of coffee as we sat the island. I didn't want to know where dad was incase it was bad but at the same time it would've been nice to know that he wasn't going to abandon us.

"Morning." Tim sang happily as he came into the kitchen, he kissed Molly's cheek before sitting on the stool beside her. My mom smiled but tried to hide it by turning to face the stove.

Tim's happiness was new to the family and Molly was the reason. She was definitely the ray of sunshine he needed in his life and I loved seeing this side of him. I was too caught up with myself and my own life to even notice Molly's existence before last year.

"I'll give you two a ride to school." Tim said, popping a blueberry into his mouth.

"Thanks." I say, eating the rest of my bagel.

"Pull down your skirt Mackenzie." My mom said as I got off the stool. I tugged it down ever so slightly that it didn't change anything and smiled at my mom innocently who just rolled her eyes and shook her head at me. 

The whole way at school, Tim was singing countless songs and tapping his hand on the steering wheel. I was sat at the back whilst Molly was sat at the front.

"So what clubs are you going to join?" I ask Molly.

"Maybe the track team?"

"That would be so good if you joined." I told her and she giggled slightly.

When we arrived at school, Tim leaned over the console to kiss Molly. She kissed back and I screwed up my nose before going to open the car door but it was locked.

"Ew let me out!" I squealed. They both laughed before Tim unlocked the car.

"If you stay after school tell me, ok?"

"Yes, sir." I say.

"And Molly, message me if anything happens." 

"Yes dad." She said and Tim bit his lip.

"Ok you two have crossed a line. Let's go Molly."  I tugged on her arm.

They both laughed again before Tim drove off. Everyone was walking into school with a few people staring at Molly as we walked in. "I'll show you to the head masters office." I tell Molly and she nods, following me into school.

"Hey Mackenzie." A girl from my track team said as she walked past.

"Hi." I smiled and she walked off. Molly raised an eyebrow at me but I just shook my head.

After dropping Molly off at the office I made my way to my locker. 

"Hey Mackenzie. I see that you're back to wearing normal clothes." Lindsay snickered with Cheryl by her side who looked unamused unlike the other girl who was with them. I decided to ignore her and I continued to put books into my locker.

"So how's your mom and dad? Healthy relationship?" 

I slammed my locker shut at the mention of my parents and turned to face her.

"Why is that any of your business?" I said between my teeth. She smirked and put a hand on her hip before tilting her head and pouting.

"Having your dad cheat on your mom must've had a big toll on your family because you're getting awfully feisty."

"Who the fuck do you think you are you untitled bitch." 

She gasps slightly before raising an eyebrow, "aww are you going to tell mommy and daddy? Oh wait," she pauses, "you can't." She giggled and I could help but slap her.

Just before she could hit me back, I was pulled away. "You're a fucking whore Lindsay. You know that right?" 

She squealed in frustration before turning and walking off. I turned around to see who was holding me back and it was Ryder. He was looking down at me with an unreadable expression. I got out of his grip and walked past the crowd of people who were now muttering among themselves.