Chapter Thirty

Yasuki opens his eyes seeing Monika sitting from across him. She closely gazed at him with her curious expression, her folded arms leaning against the desk. His head jerks backward as he quickly realize her sitting there so innocently. 

Monika chuckled. "Oh my, did I startled you?" 

Yasuki blushed. "Who, what. Where am I?" He quickly glanced around the classroom, it's filled with high school-looking desks. Only would he imagine such place in a graphic novel, yet the place felt so real.

"Eh? Did you hit your head or something?" She beamed at him very genuinely. 

He felt speechless. Monika is a teenager, her uniform is just like what he had visioned before. Sure being cute is enough for him to have his heart skip, but with her being a teenager her cute face grows to be such a pretty one. Yasuki's heart is hooked and nothing else makes him happier to know that he is in her future. 

"Silly, don't look at me so intensely." She said. 

Yasuki averts his eyes after she said that. The classroom door slides open, a girl with a cute red bow on her hair walks into the room. Her blue eyes gaze upon us. 

"Are you guys in the Literature Club?" She asked with a anxious voice. 

"Yes, we are!" Monika stands up and approach the girl. 

"The Literature Club?" Yasuki mumbled to himself, he glanced around the room once again to make sure he isn't having any sort of unbelievable visions. The longer he stares at them the more blurry his vision becomes. Then he heard a childish voice calling his name. 

"WAKE UP!" 

Yasuki flops out of the bench. 

"Good, you're awake now." Monika gives him a cute smile. 

He promptly stands up glancing around the place again, the setting had completely changed. Monika is back to being her little self, it really confused him the fact that he's been traveling... through time. 

"Aren't you going to be scared?" He asked, after all he tried to kill Haruhi after killing Yumi and rewriting her life instead of disposing a corpse. 

"What are you talking about? We've been having so many normal days together." Monika's silly face slowly becomes a concerning face. "You suddenly come out here, so I followed you to see what you plan to do--I, I don't mean to make it sound weird or anything. I'm just a bit worried. Besides, you've been acting strange lately. Mind telling me what's on your mind?" 

Yasuki shook her head and smiled. "I'm just happy that everything's back to normal. I wasn't myself when I act without thinking." 

"I am a bit lost. Did you do something?" Monika gasp, "Was it that letter that you were thinking of?"

Yasuki nod as a response. 

"Well, about that." She paused, "I know I might have assumed, but I actually received your letter from Yumi. It really cleared the misunderstanding that I've been having." 

Yasuki was astound of what she had mentioned. The story has been rewritten, but by who. He shrugs the question off his mind. "D-did you read it?" 

Monika shrugged. "I haven't yet."

He leans forward toward her direction, "Read it when you get home today." 

She nods, then she suddenly realize their distance, they weren't really distant from each other. They become a bit awkward since their conversation kind of ended there. Monika quickly inform him, "My birthday is coming up."