Chapter 27

Jace's POV

A week.

It's been a week since Trix died. When that video ended, i was scared. I didn't know if she was okay, hell, i didn't even know if she was alive. We were restless, me and Demian both. We searched for her more firmly, more violently and more passionately.

We didn't find her. And we stopped searching for her a few days after we begun the search, with a simple reason. She died, her body was found in a wrecked car. I know that this car crash was not the cause of her death, it was simply a cover up. Her body had been undetectable, she was identified based on her DNA.

When i heard about it on the news, my heart stopped, i stopped breathing for a moment and hoped, hoped that this was simply a stupid joke, an April fools masquerade played by Jack or whoever seems fit. My emotions were out of control, too difficult and illogical to elaborate. I have never been good with dealing grief, probably because i rarely loose people who i actually care about and now i have become to realise that i deeply cared for Bellatrix Williams.

She always played with her life, playing hide and seek with grim reaper.
Death finally caught her.

Carol was angry at herself, sad, cuilty and depressed. She hadn't had a best friend for years, so she felt betrayed and disappointed over Trix's actions. She went ballistic when she her that her first girl friend over many years had died. She felt that she could have prevent this. Unfortunately i understand that since i feel the same way.

Things got even worse when hysterical Matt stormed in here, lashing his gun around. He was outraged, hurt and miserable. He needed to blame somebody, anybody related to Trix who he could get his hands on. My men calmed him down and he was escorted out of here. His little visit made me feel even more shitty. It was clear that i was not invited to the funeral.

The funeral was beautiful, i wasn't invited but i still watched from the distance. There weren't many people there. It made me certain that Trix had been more lonely than she let us believe. There were Matt and his three most trusted men, her old neighbour Lily and a few more people who i was not familiar with. Observing them i noticed that Matt and Lily were the only ones who showed emotions, who barely stood on their feet, who were holding desperately back their sobs to not lose themselves completely.

Trix's body was buried next to her parents, their graves were still fresh. I didn't like to see a tombstone with her name on it or how her coffin was lowered to the ground.

In the distance i saw Jack, he was also observing the funeral but he looked almost bored. Didn't he really care about her anymore?

Jack cached my eye and winked. He turned and walked away. I knew there was no point of trying to chase him, he was a master of hiding. Even if i would have been able to catch him, i didn't want to start a war with Perlarosa, i wouldn't be able to destroy the ghosts.

I didn't let myself morn over Bellatrix death anymore. I decided to grief after i have graduated. As a gang leader i need education and a diploma. Exams are near and i must pass them.

~~~

I'm in the library, trying to find the correct calculus book. I'm great in calculus but i still need to study, i don't want to go to the exam blindly.
The calculus book for exam training must be on the wrong shelf because it's not here, where it should be.

I curse as i check the same shelf over and over again. It doesn't appear magically as i would hope. I sigh and create a full detailed plan to get this book. I'm already on the fifth point when a young girl steps around me and lifts the mentioned book up, already placing it on the shelf.