Chapter 6 - The Letter (part 5)

Eleven sat on the couch, bewildered. She blinked her eyes in confusion. "Your Dad was a...a test subject."

Eleven didn't know what to say. She loved having her powers, they were amazing. But she couldn't imagine anyone choosing to become like her. Only they would not have known what the outcome of the tests would be. But that is exactly what Mama did. Knowing what it had done to Mama, Eleven wondered what Max's Dad would be like now. Would he be stuck it a circle too?

Yes...only it was his choice." Max replied. "He...changed when he became one, but you who was born into it...didn't have to change, you just got to be the better version of you. It's almost like it makes adults go...I don't know...crazy."

"Like Mama." El muttered under her breath. She explained to Max about her mother. She also felt more compassion for Max now. She felt...a connection.

She looked Max in the eye. "I'm sorry...for everything."

Both girls were now crying. Eleven felt so bad about being mean. She really didn't have a good reason to hate Max. She wanted to make friends with this girl.

Max was glad she was able to tell someone. She had been so scared about that secret that it was eating her up inside. She knew she couldn't tell her mother, Max wasn't even supposed to know.

"Max, can we...start over?" Eleven asked. Max nodded knowing exactly what she meant. Could they have a new start, forget everything that happened between them?

They sat in silence for a while. Until suddenly a thump came from another room. They both froze? What the heck? Memories of the demogorgon flooded Elevens mind. They got up and slowly tip toed towards the room that it came from. El was in front with Max hiding behind her. The door was closed. Blood dropped out of Elevens nose as she stared at the doorknob, turning it. She pushed the door open with her powers. She heard a small "wow." Escape Max's mouth. Something started to come out of the room. Both girls sucked in a deep breath.

"Meow." Scowled a cat. The girls both breathed a sigh of relief and started laughing. It was just a siamese cat.

Still laughing, the girls went back to the couch. "That was cool how you opened the door." Max complimented.

El nodded. "It comes in handy sometimes." She often used her powers at home to do small things, even though Daddy told her to try to stop. Not stop using them altogether, just to use them less often. He didn't want her to accidentally use them in public. Now that El started school, she understood why. Now she was concerned that she would accidentally use them at school. As handy as they were, sometimes she wished that she could just be...normal.

Sorry about the short chapter. I want to get one more part about each group in this chapter, so I will make the next two parts a bit shorter as well.