All or Nothing

To be real honest, I hated hospitals. I hated the way it smelled, I hated the people in it, but in everyway, it's the only way I would be able to survive. I don't fear dying, there's not apparent reason why I need to recover anyways. My grades are low, I don't have a talent, I am low. I don't have anything to come off with. And thanks to Cancer, it gets easier. Everything gets easier. My parents would get away from the disappointing fact of having me as a son. 

"Liam, please head off to your medication" I heard my mother say, I didn't even bother to move, the doctor would probably come to my room and check me up and tell the words he says everyday "We're trying our best", and sometimes, it gets really boring and listening to it everyday makes me more of, accepting the truth slowly and without any hesitations. 

And, So, I wasn't anywhere wrong, the doctor did come and check me up and I just faked a smile and let him do what he does everyday, checks my heart beat and all the other things I care less about. I want to live, but I can't deny the fact that I have Cancer, and we all know that Cancer kills everybody. After having this 'medication' as they frame it, I'll be heading to school and finish college. I want to achieve something before I'm completely gone. It's weird, I understand, but all my life, I only think of myself as a disappointment, and when I'm in school, seated on a chair with a table and my face turned to the board, that's where I understand things, and know, that I'm good enough in something, which is other than being a little stupid dying human being. 

"Liam, I worry about your social life and your beliefs" My mother said and I didn't bother to look at her, and I just sighed in no other way I could and headed back to what I'm doing; nothing. 

"Liam, I'm talking to you, please listen to me" She spoke again. 

"I am listening, mother" I said and rolled my eyes, thanking god I wasn't facing her, I mean, why do I have to think about my social life and my beliefs in whatever things that I wouldn't be able to experience because I'm dying in a short time, so I don't feel like I should be worrying about other things, other than the place I want to get buried and if I want to form my body into ashes and keep it in a jar. 

"Let's just get this over with, Liam" My mother said and left the room while I changed into my favorite pair of Jeans and a black T-shirt with a snapback on and threw my bag pack out of the window, nah, I threw it on my back, that's how much I hated and loved studying. I hopped down the stairs and I fell back as I collided with a thinner body, I was sure it was thinner because he fell pretty hard and I was still standing just stumbling back a little. 

"I'm so sorry" I said sticking out my hand and he gladly accepted and he stood wiping of the dust that was caused when he fell down. 

"No, I'm sorry. I wasn't looking" He said and he looked at me with a gentle smile and I smiled back. He had a thin frame, a perfect jawline and a nice pair of golden eyes. 

"Well, I was hurrying" I said and he just chuckled. 

"I'm Zayn" He said and casted a toothy grin. 

"Liam" I said sticking out my hand and shaked it. 

"LIAM!" I heard my mother yell, and I felt the embarassement creeping at the very laces of my shoes. 

"Goodbye, Liam" Zayn said with a smile and he smiled and I did the same before waving and heading off to my mom. 

"I see you met Zayn" My mother said with a small grin. 

"You know him?" I asked and I wasn't anywhere shocked, my mother did like roaming around the hospital and making friends here and there, she must be friends with everyone that she gets encountered with, but both, I didn't care.