Be my Valentine?

It was horrible, gruesome, disgusting, an abomination towards God! 

Liam still didn’t know how in the world he’d been able to turn chocolate into… Whatever the Hell the slime thing was in front of him! He was going to give Zayn THIS? His biggest crush would probably end their friendship than them becoming a couple…

He didn’t know why he always had to be such a God damn romanticist and bake Zayn chocolate on Valentine’s Day… Why hadn’t he chosen singing a song? This was truly a predicament and Liam felt like slamming his head into a wall a couple of hundred times, as if that would help him turn back time and stop himself from ever making such a stupid decision!

“Wow Liam, you suck at baking!”

Said “sucked-at-baking” person glared at the one and only Louis Tomlinson, who was laughing, a lot. He wiped away tears that had formed within those ocean blue eyes, chuckling as he came closer to inspect the slime thing.

“Even I wouldn’t be able to make chocolate into THIS!” Louis chuckled while covering his nose from the stench of burnt chocolate. “I am actually surprised that our resident clean freak can’t make chocolate!”

“You’re not helping…” Liam growled menacingly, rolling his eyes as his friend burst out laughing again. “Oh, shove it…”

Louis shrugged as he kept on laughing while heading for the living room in Liam’s flat. Why his carrot crazed friend was in HIS apartment he didn’t know. But this was the one and only Louis Tomlinson after all, so Liam didn’t feel like voicing any objections. He had a hunch that it was probably because of Niall staying over at him and Harry’s place.

“Seriously, Louis,” Liam moaned in frustration, poking the burnt sludge ball with a toothpick. “How am I supposed to fix this?” 

“Dude, that thing’s unfixable. Just write him a song!” 

“But I-“

“No buts!” Louis commanded from the living room, soon noise from the TV was heard throughout the flat. “Aw man, I missed ‘How I met Your Mother’?!”

Liam ignored the angry words being sent at his TV, he had much more important stuff to take care of. For example, what was he going to give to Zayn?! The sludge, slime, whatever had begun to form some sort of disgusting smelling smoke. When he thought about it, just looking at the monster he’d created was enough to make even Niall lose appetite. He didn’t know if the thought was supposed to make him feel proud or ashamed…

“By the way, Zayn’s stopping by to hang out for awhile!” Louis teased from where he sat. 

“Crap…” Liam muttered as he surveyed the kitchen massacre. 

It wasn’t only the chocolate that had undergone serious transformation compared to the kitchen in front of him. It was as if a bomb had landed right in the middle of the bowl were he used to have his ingredients. The whole scene seemed taken directly out of a horror movie, if you replaced the blood with chocolate. Liam groaned as he heard the doorbell ring, fantastic!

God or whatever spiritual being had to hate him, because what person stood there but Zayn he’s-so-pretty-you-want-to-cry Malik. Even if he was in knee-deep shit, Liam couldn’t stop his heart pounding furiously inside his chest as Zayn gave that beautiful, brilliant smile. The guy was perfect in every way…

“Vas happenin?” He said while giving Liam the usual “guy” hug.

“Not so great…” Liam muttered, trying hard not to linger too long in Zayn’s arms.

“Did something happen?” Zayn asked in worry, detaching himself from the hug but keeping his hands placed firmly on Liam’s shoulders, facing him.