Marshmallow King

Y/N's POV

"Yah! I swear you've got terrible at this, you were such a pro before abandoning me and moving to Australia and now you can't even get one damn marshmallow in!" I teased my brother as he aimed his next shot, mini marshmallow between his thumb and index finger.

"Aish! Hush! I'm trying to concentrate and you're distracting me! I've got this....just let me focus." There was moment of silence as we both sat together on the couch, legs crossed as he occupied one end and me the other.

"One...." He lifted his hand a little, trying to aim for my open mouth.

"Two...." His arm now shifted to the right a little, eyebrows furrowed as he attempted to concentrate."

"THREE!" He snapped his hand back and then forward, both of us watching as it arced and then dropped.

"YES!" He shouted as the sugary treat dropped exactly where he wanted, I chuckled and closed my mouth.

"I win though, you only got two compared to my four." I chewed the marshmallow and swallowed, sending him a cheeky grin.

"I'm rusty, we haven't done the marshmallow game for years!"

"No excuse, I can still do it!" I exclaimed as he rolled his eyes.

I needed this, I needed the distraction.

I found myself checking the time, Jungkook would be at the airport now.

"Sis? You okay?" Namjoon scooted closer to me on the couch, gently lifting my chin so our eyes could meet.

"I'm fine, just trying not to think about Jungkook leaving." I forced a smile but my brother wasn't convinced.

"It's okay to cry you know, it's only me here....let everything out."

I couldn't stop the tears from falling, his voice was so gentle and in that moment my resolve shattered.

"It's okay, come here." I felt his legs move to rest either side of me, strong familiar arms wrapping around my fragile form.

"I won't let go until you're ready, just let it all out." He whispered, gently rubbing my back as my emotions overwhelmed me yet again.

"He's such an asshole, I hate him."

"That's it, scream it out." He pulled away slightly and gave a nod, urging me on.

"FUCKING ASSHOLE! I HATE YOU JEON JUNGKOOK!" I let my head fall back and screamed out all my anger, it wasn't entirely Jungkook's fault. He was honest with me from the beginning about what our relationship was but that still didn't change the fact it hurt when he rejected me, that it was so easy for him to walk away.

"YEAH! KEEP GOING!" Namjoon shouted which made me smile for the first time since we arrived back at the apartment.

"FUCK YOU FOR REJECTING ME! FUCK YOU FOR MAKING ME LIKE YOU SO MUCH AND FUCK YOU FOR LEAVING ME LIKE EVERYONE DOES!" I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, the tears had finally stopped.

"Y/N? I hope you don't hate me for leaving six months ago, you know staying in one place for too long isn't my thing. I'm a free spirit and want to see the world, that doesn't mean I don't love you. I'll always be here for you so please don't say everyone leaves you, I haven't left you and even though mom and dad are busy with the veterinary practice it doesn't mean they don't care about you. I wish you would stop thinking this way, Yoongi and Jungkook left you but that doesn't mean everyone else will. I haven't, mom and dad haven't and neither has Yerin."

I felt a pang of guilt, slowly opening my eyes to see the sadness captured in his.

"I'm sorry Joonie, that wasn't fair of me to say. It's just.....ever since Yoongi cheated on me something changed, I'm not the happy person I used to be and I don't know how to get her back." I paused, gathering my thoughts before continuing.

"I've finally got my closure but it'll take time for me to find myself again."

He gave a nod and smiled, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I'll be here for as long as you need me, we'll get through this together."

"Thanks Joonie." I smiled and playfully ruffled his hair.

"I'm your brother, it's my job to look after you." He chuckled and grabbed the bag of marshmallows.

"Round two?" He waggled his brows.

"Oh you're so going down." I teased to which he grabbed the first marshmallow.

"Prepare for war, I'm the marshallow King!" He yelled, causing me to fall back in fits of laughter.

This is what I needed.