Family ties

Stefan Salvatore^^

Emma Stallings

The next morning I was supposed to meet Bonnie and Caroline at the grill.

Caroline acted as if she'd totally forgotten our spat the other day so I did the same thing.

"You're taking Damon to the founder's party?" Bonnie asked in annoyed tone.

"Of course, he's my boyfriend" Caroline said.

"So who am I supposed to go with?" Bonnie asked.

"Go with Elena" Caroline suggested.

"She's going with Stefan" Bonnie argued.

"Well go with Emma" she said smiling at me.

"Sorry guys, I promised Matt." I said.

"Then go by yourself" Caroline said to Bonnie.

"Bonnie can't go by herself!" I exclaimed."She'll be laughed at".

Bonnie gave me a look that said I wasn't making her feel any better.

"Hey, maybe you can go with Jeremy" I said to Bonnie.

"He's going to be pining over Vicki the entire time.... However, I guess that is my best option so far." Bonnie pouted.

"What about Carter?" Caroline asked.

"Oh no, I walked in on him last night with Amber Bradley." I whispered to them.

"Ewe" Caroline said rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, big ewe. On my couch!" I whined.

Bonnie crinkled her nose in disgust.

"Anyway, I was thinking, we should all carpool." Caroline suggested.

"Actually, I think Jenna wanted to drive. Something about wanting to get pictures. I'm not really sure." I lied.

Bonnie gave me an unsure look like she could see I was lying. Honestly I was doing everything in my power not to tell Caroline what an asshole Damon was.

Besides, it was probably best I didn't see Damon for awhile. Being around him made me feel strange. He got on my nerves, and drove me crazy, but something about him was hard to shake.

Caroline's phone started to ring and I glanced over at it, only to see the caller I.D. was the devil himself, Damon.

"Hello? No she said she's riding with Jenna. Yeah she's here. Why? Okay." She said.

She handed the phone over to me and instantly I heard Damon's voice.

"Hello, Emma" I heard through the phone.

"What do you want , Damon" I asked flatly.

"You don't have to be rude, I was just wanting to check up on you."

"You haven't seen rude, first of all, and second of all, I don't need checking up on. What is it that you really want?" I asked.

"Somebody is feisty today" he teased. I could sense his smirk through the phone.

Bonnie raised her eyebrows at me in suspicion. I knew I would be hearing about this later.

"I wanted to let you know that I will be at your house at 7 to pick you and Matt up tonight." He said.

"Well, I already told Caroline that Jenna was taking me." I said.

"Well Matt said he would love to ride together so like I said, I'll be there at 7." He said.