Kill or be killed

Elizabeth Forbes^^

Elena Gilbert

After seeing Katherine for the first time last night, my entire world felt flipped upside down. She looked exactly like Emma and I, which I already knew, but it was hard to imagine before now. She didn't try to hurt me, or make any threats, but she did make it clear that she didn't want Stefan and I together. She even went as far as to order Caroline to follow us around and try to convince me to leave Stefan.

Speaking of Stefan, he's convinced that the safest strategy to trick Katherine, is to make her believe that she's really gotten to Stefan and I. We had been pretending to fight and break up so that Katherine wouldn't try anything dangerous, but it was killing me. How much longer could I stand pretending to be angry at the man I loved more than anything?

"I can't believe Emma dated a werewolf." Jeremy said smiling as if it were impressive to him.

"Nobody ever said anything about Tyler. Just Mason." Carter corrected him as Emma, myself, and the boys fought to get into the mirror while we brushed our teeth.

"Stop shoving me!" Emma whined when Jeremy forced her out into the hallway.

"Don't be such a diva." Jermey said rolling his eyes.

"Don't be such a dick." Emma shot back with the toothbrush still in her mouth, causing her to slur.

This is rediculous. We have three bathrooms in this house.

"It should be enough easy for us to figure it out." Jeremy said to Carter and I as he continued to push Emma away.

"There is no us. I said that I wouldn't keep things from you two anymore. That doesn't mean that I want you involved in it." I told him. I knew they wouldn't like it, but I needed to keep them safe. I didn't like that Emma was involved, much less Jeremy and Carter.

"By definition of being in this family, we're involved." Carter said as he spit into the sink.

"This is dangerous shit, boys. It's not for little bitches like you." Emma said smirking at them.

"Language, Emma." I said correcting her potty mouth.

"Okay, mom." She said in the same disapproving tone.

I let out an annoyed sigh before exiting the bathroom, making room for Emma to worm her way in. I swear those three are so childish.

Just as I made my way into my bedroom, I saw the shadow of a man standing in the corner of my room. I gasped, nearly jumping out of my skin, until I realized who it was. Stefan.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He admitted.

This was the first time I'd seen him since the fake fight we had last night at the grill, and I'd been missing him like crazy. Without thinking, I quickly closed the gap between our lips and sent mine crashing down onto his.

"Hi." I breathed as a smile grew across my face. Seeing him here in front of me meant more than he could ever understand. Katherine may think she's gotten the best of us, but she could never take this from us.

"Hey." Stefan said equally as happy, placing his arms around my body. This felt nice. Being in his arms was such a familiar feeling that I'd been craving to feel again.

"Are you ready for today?" Stefan asked as he backed up slightly, putting enough space between us for me to view his face.

"No. I hate fighting with you, even if it's fake."

"I know, but if Katherine thinks that we are fighting, then she will think that she's winning, and it keeps her from following through with her threats." He explained as if I hadn't heard this a million times already.