Fool me once

Picture of Anna ^^

Emma Stallings

My eyes shot open and I spotted a boy sitting a few feet away. He was sitting in a chair with his head hanging backwards as if he were sleeping.

Last night Elena and I had been kidnapped, but I didn't see her anywhere. Slowly, I started to stand up a small bit at a time. I wasn't sure if this guy was a vampire or a human, but either way he was bigger than me and probably faster. My only chance at getting out was being smarter than him.

I had to step over the guys legs to get to the door, which made me nervous. What if I lost my balance and fell?

I didn't want to leave Elena, but what choice did I have? She was nowhere in sight, and if I could make it out I could find Stefan and he could help.

Finally, I made it to the door and started to undo the bolt lock. Just seconds before I threw the door open, I heard a voice from behind me.

"I wouldn't" the guy said. Shit. I was caught.

I turned around with the best smirk I could form.  "Well I'm not you." I said to him smoothly before pulling the door open as fast as I could. I quickly ran out of the hotel and I could see the guy starting to burn. I didn't look back to see what happened next. Instead I ran like hell.

Once I was out of harms way I called Stefan and told him what had happened.

"Where are you?" He practically yelled through the phone.

"I'm at some old run down motel right beside the-" Before I could finish, Stefan was already here. Damn he was fast when he was motivated.

"I just ran out. I'm not sure if Elena is there or not. She wasn't in the room I was in." I explained.

Stefan nodded his head and sighed. "Look, I know this isn't what you want to do right now, but you need to call Damon and get him come get you." He said as he walked away to Elena's rescue.

What the hell? Damon would never help me after what happened last night. He made it perfectly clear that he didn't care what happened to me.

I shook my head in disbelief and tried to call Damon. It rang for a few moments before he declined my call. What a dick.

I took off walking towards his house and after about 10 minutes of walking I saw the devil himself sitting on a bench talking to some girl.

Instantly, I felt jealousy and rage fill me up. He had ignored my call because of some girl? I was in danger dammit!

I saw the girl start to laugh as she walked away. "You Salvatore's are truly pathetic when it comes to women. " She said shaking her head at him in disbelief.

"It's like 1864 all over again. Both of you boys falling in love with that pretty little face." She continued. If only she knew how wrong she had it. Damon was definitely not in love with me. Quite the opposite actually. After last night he probably never wanted to see me again.

"Tonight. After sundown. Meet me at the old church." She said as she walked off confidently. Thankfully, she never noticed me, but Damon did.

As soon as the girl was out of earshot Damon turned to look at me. "Did you stage a jailbreak?" He asked with an uninterested tone.

"Something like that." I said crossing my arms at him. He noticed that I was angry and he squinted his eyes at me as if he were trying to understand how I had the right the be mad.

"You knew I was kidnapped, and you didn't care." I said, but I was really fishing for an answer.

"Why should I? Since when have I ever cared about you or Elena?" He asked as if this were new to him.