There goes the neighborhood

Picture of Kelly Donovan^^

Emma Stallings

I spent the next few days moping around in bed. There was no way a I was willing to risk seeing Damon anywhere. The only person I have even texted has been Tyler and it was very seldom. After finding out that Damon had turned my mom and murdered Alaric, I wasn't really wanting to face the world.

"Are you ever going to get out of that bed?" I heard a voice ask from behind me. I turned around to find a bubbly blonde standing in my doorway.

"Sorry. I can't come to the phone right now. Leave a message at the beep." I called from my bed.

"What beep?" Caroline asked laughing.

"BEEP BITCH." I yelled jokingly. Caroline started to laugh as she made her way over to my bed and plopped down beside me.

"You want to tell me what's going on?" She asked.

"No." I said truthfully. Caroline furrowed her eyebrows at me and frowned, disapproving my answer.

Finally, I sighed and gave into her wishes.

"Some man stopped me in the middle of the road the other night. He knew my mom and demanded that I stopped searching for her and when I said I understood he threw himself in front of a car." I explained. Caroline's mouth hung open and her eyes grew wide.

"Oh wow. I was expecting boy trouble." She said.

"Oh yeah. I have plenty of that going on too, but I'll spare you the details." I said grumbling back into my pillow.

"Well I have the perfect solution." She said cheerfully.

"You have the perfect solution to witnessing suicide?" I asked.

"Well not exactly... but I know how to get you out of this bed." Caroline said.

"How's that?" I asked, already knowing I wouldn't like her answer.

"Triple date!" She said practically screaming in excitement. I thought about it for a moment, and realized this is exactly what I needed. I needed a night out with friends where I could forget about all of the messyness in my life. No adoption, no vampires (other than my best bud Stefan), and most importantly, no Damon.

"Triple?" I asked in confusion.

"Elena, Stefan, Matt, me, you, and Tyler." She said as she listed us all one by one.

"Care, are you sure going on a date with Matt and Elena is a good idea?" I asked.

"Honestly, no. But he has to see her moved on you know? Maybe tonight will help us get over this awkward stage we're all in." She suggested. I thought it sounded like a good idea, I just hoped tonight would be drama free.

I sighed and nodded my head. "Fine when are we doing this?" I asked.

"Well that's the thing..." Caroline said looking guilty.

I looked to my door and saw Stefan, Elena, Matt, and Tyler all standing in the hallway looking nice and perfectly dressed.

"Oh you assholes." I said rolling my eyes as I looked down at my pajamas.

"You look great." Tyler said sarcastically from the doorway. I picked one of the pillows from my bed and threw it as hard as I could in his direction.

"Dicks." I mumbled as I ran to my bathroom and tried to fix myself up as fast as I could.

Tonight would be good for me. I would be with almost all of my friends, I would be at the grill where the bartender had agreed to serve me, and most importantly, I would have a Damon free night. Well, almost.