Masquerade

Katherine and Stefan^^

Emma Stallings

"So I finally met your girl." I said as I plopped myself down on Damon's couch and set my feet on his coffee table.

Damon was quick to grab my feet and push them off the table rudely. "I don't have a girl. Unless you're offering." He smirked.

"You know the one. Brown hair. Brown eyes. Flawless skin similar to mine." I said listing my many good features.

"You mean Elena?" Damon teased.

I simply rolled my eyes in reply. "The bitch is about as old as dirt." I said giving him my last and final hint.

"Well you're not dead so that's a plus. Should I be worried?" He asked.

"Not sure. Well you see what happened was...." I started to tell Damon my story of this mornings events. "I went to the grill because when Trystan and I were on speaking terms, that was our favorite place and I was feeling... nostalgic." I said earning me an eye roll from Damon.

"Can we skip the teenage drama please?" Damon groaned.

"Shh. It's important. Anyways, when I walked in, I saw Trystan there, and I wasn't ready to talk to him and I sort of freaked out so I ran to the bathroom to avoid him."

"Instead of just walking out the door like a normal person." Damon added.

"Exactly! So you see, there I was in the bathroom hating myself for being such an idiot when I saw Elena."

Flashback:

"Elena, hey what are you doing here?" I asked knowing already that it wasn't my sister. I always figured when I finally saw Katherine it would be nerve wracking and scary, but she just looked like your average teenage bitch.

"Hey, I saw you looking at Trystan. Are you okay?" Katherine asked as she pretended to be a caring Elena. She fiddled nervously with her fingers.

Unable to control myself, I started laughing at Katherine's bad imitation of my sister. Elena has never been THAT nice to me. She would've told me to suck it up.

"You're good." Katherine admitted as she stepped closer toward me. "What gave me away? Was it the hair? Or was it my clothes?"

"Elena is much prettier." I said trying to get petty little jabs at her. "And besides, I know that Elena is at home taking care of Jenna, who you compelled to stab herself you evil bitch." I said bravely, and stupidly, stepping toward her as she had done to me.

"Ohh. Bitchy. I see why Damon prefers you over Elena. You're more like me." She laughed. "Anyways, I need you to deliver a message."

"I'm not the mail man, Katherine. Tell them yourself." I said as I tried to walk out of the room.

She grabbed my wrist tightly, much like the way Damon had done in the past, but much harder. Stronger.

"Tell Damon and Stefan that I want the moonstone or I will rip this town apart until it rains blood." Katherine threatened. It seemed odd hearing such a huge threat come from my own voice. "Tonight, at the masquerade ball." She said as she slung my wrist from her hands and strutted out.

End of Flashback

"You realize calling Katherine Pierce the mailman probably isn't the best way to stay alive, right?" Damon asked.

"I didn't call her the mailman. I simply informed her that I wasn't one."

"Evil bitch probably didn't win you any favors either." He smirked.