Haunted

Picture of Emma^^

Elena Gilbert

I needed to go see Stefan. Jeremy and Matt were freaking out looking for Vicki and I have to know if they've at least made progress with the her.

Of all people to turn into a vampire, why did he pick her?

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. After I pulled it out I saw Emma's caller I.D.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey I was just calling to see if there had been any word on Vicki." She said.

I sighed and grabbed my keys from the counter.

"I haven't heard anything, but I'm about to go over to Stefan's if you want to come." I offered.

"Vicki and I were just held captive there for an entire day." She stated. "Do you really think that's the safest place?" She asked

"We will be safe with Stefan there." I explained.

I wanted to go check on Vicki, but I also needed to check on Stefan. We basically broke up last night when he told me that Vicki had completed the transformation.

I knew that it wasn't his fault, but I didn't want to put myself in his world. I can't have his vampire brother coming right through the front door just because he knows it will get to Stefan. How am I supposed to be okay with risking Jenna and Jeremy like that?

Finally Emma's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Fine. I'll meet you there." She sighed.

I closed my phone and jumped into the car.

Emma Stallings

I drove over to the Salvatore Boardning house as soon as I heard Elena was going.

I didn't like the idea of her being there by herself aside from the three vampires who could all kill her in a split second. I know that they wouldn't, but they could.

I drove over to their house and the closer I got the more nervous I felt. I hadn't seen Damon since he left Elena's house. Would he feel bad for breaking my wrist? Probably not.

I continued to drive as I looked in the mirror.

Maybe it doesn't make sense, but I wanted to look good when I saw Damon. Since we first met, he has had the upper hand.  He's been able to use my emotions against me and get under my skin in a way that I couldn't accept. If I could get him under control, I would be able to treat him like any other guy.

I finally arrived at the Salvatore Boarding House and knocked on the door. I'd been hoping Stefan or Elena would answer the door but of course, it was Damon.

He smirked at me and his eyes traveled down my body, stopping on the cast that was on my arm.

A hint of guilt flashed over him, but he quickly replaced it with his signature smirk.

I swallowed hard trying to gather my words. He made me so nervous.

"Is Elena here?" I asked, hiding my fear.

"Yes" he answered simply.

"Can you move?" I asked cutting straight to the point.

"Well hello little miss "  I'm on a mission." He said laughing.

"How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything you've done?" I asked with attitude.

"How can you be so brave and so stupid to call a vampire arrogant and glib?" He asked.