Founder's day

Emma's Stallings^^

Emma Stallings

Elena and I finally made it home last night. I went straight to bed and struggled to hold in my tears. My crazy vampire mom, who prefers Katherine over her kids, is clearly trying to turn my life upside down. The woman I thought was my mom was actually my aunt, and Isobel hinted at the fact that her death wasn't just an animal attack. It was something more, and usually animal attack is code for vampire. Did Isobel kill my mom? I mean it would take a real monster to murder their own sibling.

And Damon... he heard all of this. He heard everything Isobel said, and when he saw the tears fall down my face, he just walked away. How could Isobel think he's in love with me when he can't even look at me?

As stressful as my night was, Elena's was worse. She made it all the way home only to find Jeremy and Carter both sitting across the coffee table with their faces scrunched up in anger. Apparently they'd both snuck into her room and stolen her diary. They read all about the vampires and Vicki's death. Even though I didn't kill her, and I strongly protested taking Jeremy's memories, they were angry at me too. I fought like hell that night to stop them. Hell, I even dug into my neck wound to break free of Stefan's hold on me. There was nothing I could've done.

"Suck in girl." Jenna said from behind me as she tightened the corset strings on my dress. Elena and I were dressing up for the Founder's parade that was going on in a about an hour, and this dress was killing me. It's some ugly ass dress from the 1800's which was just awful for me. Damon was from that time frame, and I couldn't think of a better way to make me remind him of Katherine. This sucked.

"Why do I even have to wear this stupid dress? I'm not even a Gilbert." I pointed out.

"Because Carol needs as many people as possible, and you're just as close to the Gilberts as I am." She joked. "Have you spoken to Damon lately?"

"No. I'm not sure what's going on there. He's been... distant." I said showing my disappointment.

"Alaric has been too. Men." She snorted. I always loved how Jenna made me laugh even in the worst times.

"Thanks Jenna." I said to her before walking out into the town square to find Elena. I searched all over for her, but she was nowhere to be found.

"No I get it. You think now that Katherine is out of the picture, I'm going to go after Emma." I heard Damon say as he teased Stefan. "Don't worry brother. Emma is not Katherine." He said.

I started making my way over to them, but neither of them had noticed me yet.

"You're right. She's not." Stefan said just before his eyes fell on me. Stefan stood very still as if my presence had suprised him.

"Don't worry about it. Emma's not-"

Whatever Damon was planning to say, never came out. He looked as if he had seen a ghost, and his entire body tensed up. Stefan quickly recovered from his shock, and smiled at me, but Damon continued to look like a deer in headlights.

"Hey boys." I said to them smiling.

"Emma, you look lovely." Stefan said to me. I walked closer to them, and stopped right in front of them.

"Thanks Stefan. You don't look too bad yourself." I said to him.

Damon continued to stare at me in silence, studying every feature of my body intensely.

"Damon?" I asked, but received no answer.

"Hello? Earth to Damon?" I called waving my hand in his face. Suddenly he snapped out of whatever trance he'd been in, and his eyes finally met mine.