The descent

Picture of Jules^^

Emma Stallings

"Trystan?" I called as I walked into his bedroom. He was nowhere to be found, but I continued to look around.

I was honestly surprised that Stefan and Damon allowed him to live here with them. They didn't really know him all that well, and Damon practically hated him. "Trystan? You're standing right behind me, aren't you?" I finally concluded as a smile creeped across my face. 

"Yep." He said smugly.

I wrapped my arms around him tightly and smiled into his chest. Trystan looked surprised "Good morning to you too then." He laughed.

"I heard about Rose getting attacked, and I was worried about you, and Stefan, and..."

"And Damon?" He questioned. I didn't have the courage to confirm his suspicion, but I couldn't lie to my best friend either.

"Listen, I'm glad that you're worried about me-" he laughed. "But I'm over a century and a half years old. Ive learned a thing or two about survival." He said releasing me from his arms. "But speaking of survival..."

I knew where he was going with this. He wanted to find a way to stop Klaus' plans, which I'm okay with, but it's his method that I'm not loving. "Don't ruin the moment by talking about that bitch." I said rolling my eyes.

"I'm totally ruining the moment. Look, I can't just pretend like everything is okay."

Katherine's locked away in the tomb, Elijah and I are on the same page, and Klaus has no idea where we are. Everything is okay." I said not even believing my own words.

"Right. As long as you play by Elijah's rules." He scoffed.

"Please don't go after Isobel." I begged. I didn't like her from the start. I doubt I'll like her now.

"Katherine said Isobel could have some answers and I just have a couple questions, that's all." Trystan said dropping a splash of vervain into his scotch.

"Trystan, I made a deal with Elijah. I don't want to go back on my word okay? I want to keep it."

"Right, you made a deal with him. I didn't make one. You should keep your deal."

"You know what I meant, smartass." I teased. He looked down at his glass and sighed, scared of the pain he knew would follow if he drank it.

"Vervain? Are you sure? Just because Katherine built up a tolerance..."

"Yes, bottoms up." he said quickly and downed his scotch laced with the burning taste of vervain. He instantly began coughing and scratching at his throat trying to sooth the pain he was feeling. Trystan continued to cough until finally his throat had healed and the pain began to wither away.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. It should block out any compulsion an original tries on me." 

"How can Elijah compel another vampire?"

"He's an original. I don't really know what that means. I don't think anybody really knows what that means....Well, except maybe Isobel. Maybe we should ask her." He smirked before making his way out the door.

"Where are you going? You can't leave me here with Damon!" I squealed in a low whisper.

"Elena needs me at the moment, and hot crush trumps hot best friend." He said shrugging.

"What happened to bros before hoes? Sisters before misters?"

Trystan tilted his head at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. But next time our hearts are broken at the same time, you're sleeping on the floor." I huffed and walked out of the room.