Children of the damned

Picture of Jenna ^^

Emma Stallings

I walked downstairs in my pj's and messy hair to find Aunt Jenna sitting at the counter drinking her daily dose of coffee.

"Well you look like the walking dead." Jenna teased. I rubbed my eyes to adjust my vision and made my way to the coffee pot without saying a word. Usually I would've taken this as an opportunity to insult her back, but right now, I was too tired to care.

"Is something wrong? You never miss a chance to insult me." Jenna said with concern on her face.

"Rough night." I said lifting my coffee mug up.

"Was it a guy?" Jenna asked.

I wished I could tell her the truth and vent to her like I can about everything else, but this is different. I can't involve her in this.

"Something like that." I finally said. It wasn't too much of a lie. I was upset about Damon. One day he wants to be my friend and then the next he's screaming at me over a book. Just when I start to think I mean something, he shows me I was wrong.

"Damon or Tyler?" She asked.

Suddenly my arguement with Tyler came back to my mind. Damon had kissed me just to upset him and it worked. He basically thinks I'm a slut. I'm starting to sense a pattern here. Everything that I'm upset about is Damon.

"Both." I answered after a moment of thinking about it.

"Tyler and I broke up because he thinks something is going on between me and Damon. Damon is just being an ass." I explained.

"Well is there anything going on?" She asked.

"No!" I answered quicker than I should've.

Jenna raised her eyebrows suspiciously.

"I don't know." I sighed. "Even if there was, he's majorly hung up on an ex so..." I trailed off.

"I see. Well you know Ric is hung up on his ex wife. She passed away, but still." She explained.

I remembered him saying that in class to me one day when we first met.

"Well Damon's ex is very much alive so the two of us have nothing going on." I said to her but mostly to myself.

"Emma!" I heard Elena call from upstairs. I groaned and rolled my eyes as I headed up the stairs to meet Elena. When I got to her room I saw Stefan and Elena both staring at me with seriousness covering their faces.

"Damn, who died?" I asked.

"We have something to tell you." Stefan started.

"And we don't know how you're going to feel about it." Elena said.

I looked between the two of them with furrowed eyebrows. "What's going on?" I asked.

"Do you remember how I told Damon I would help him get Katherine? It was a lie. I can't risk anymore vampires being in this town. " Stefan explained.

"Oh..." I said. They could see my discomfort and they attempted to reassure me that it was for the best.

"You've seen the death and distruction that Damon has brought to this town. He's just one vampire. Do you know how many people will get hurt if we add more?" Stefan asked.

"ONE more. He doesn't want to let them all out. Just her." I explained.

I admit, opening the tomb wasn't something I really wanted to do, but crossing Damon wasn't either. I saw what happened to Bree and I don't want the same fate.