Lost Girls

Vicki Donovan^^

Emma Stallings

I sat against a log that was next to the camp fire. I hadn't moved. Damon had tried to compel me not to but I had my necklace wrapped around my wrist under the arm of my jacket. I could run if I wanted to but what would be the point? Damon would know I was on vervain and take it from me in seconds and then I'd be screwed.

I waited for Damon to finish killing the remaining stoners as I stared off into the distance. I felt numb, cold, almost lifeless.

Every few minutes I heard a thud sound. It was the sound of their bodies collapsing to the ground as Damon drained the blood from their veins.

I felt like I should be crying. I should be running or trying to help them but all I did was sit there with a vacant expression on my face.

He walked back over to me. "Do you want to know why I killed them but spared you? Why I spared Vicki? " he asked wiping the remaining blood from his lips.

" I can't truthfully say I give a damn." I said as I looked up to him. " All I know is they're dead. I'm not. The reason why doesn't change anything."

"You're angry with me" he concluded with a smirk on his face.

" That's just it, Damon. I'm not angry. I'm not sad. I'm disgusted."

He looked at me with a confused glance and finally said " Well you should consider yourself lucky" and smirked at me.

"Yes, lucky me. I've officially watched you murder six people" I said obviously very annoyed with him.

"And you've watched me save two." He said back.

"Two?" I asked.

"Vicki and you" he said with a smug look on his face.

"Yeah well if It weren't for you, Vicki wouldn't have needed to be saved." I said.

He ignored my smart comments and continued with his conversation.

"I spared Vicki because I was bored and she is my repeat victim. Those are the funnest. This makes the third time. I mean you would think after awhile they'd learn but..." he laughed.

Kinda hard to learn something when your memory has been tampered with.

"And me?" I asked.

"Let's just say you're my type" he smirked.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed .

I knew what he meant. I looked like Katherine, the girl he loved. It wasn't anything about ME that he liked. Just that I resemble her.

He sat down beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. The dead bodies were surrounding us and I knew I was probably next.

I felt my body start to shake against him. Damon gave me a disapproving glance and said "I meant what I said earlier. If I wanted to hurt you I would have. I don't want to. Believe it or not I actually like you which by the way is a rare thing. I don't like most people". He said to me through a smirk.

"I'm honored" I said sarcastically still showing no emotion on my face.

He looked down at me like he was studying my face.

" I have a phone call to make real quick. " he said as he rubbed my shoulder in an attempt to give me false comfort.

Damon stood up and started to circle the fire.

"Stefan" Damon said as he held the phone away from him. He had put it on speaker phone so I could hear Stefan talk.

"Where are you, Damon? What have you done?" Stefan asked in a panicked tone.