Unpleasantville

Emma Stallings^^

Emma Stallings

I woke up still in Damon's bed and suprisingly, I was still alone. He had told me last night that he would meet me in here.

I looked around the room hoping to find him as I pulled the covers back and stepped out of his bed. Still no sign of him.

"Damon?" I called.

I could hear the sound of something hitting the floor in the next room and every few seconds there was a loud sigh.

When I walked around the corner I saw Stefan speaking to Damon and their conversation looked heated.

Damon was pulling books from a shelf and throwing them across the room if they were found useless.

"No I get it. You're bitter." Stefan said taunting him. "One of us gets to be with the person we love and poor Katherine is just out of reach." He was clearly trying to get a rise out of Damon.

He wouldn't react though. He could see Stefan was wanting to get under his skin and he wouldn't budge. Instead he sent him the signature smirk and continued to search for something.

"Unless there's another way to get into that tomb....Is that what Bree said?" Stefan asked.

He was hoping Damon would spill the truth behind his plan to get Katherine back but he wouldn't.

"You're pathetic when you're fishing." Damon shot at him.

"And you're transparent when you're deflecting." Stefan shot back.

I felt awkward, like I shouldn't be hearing their conversation. Damon hadn't looked at me yet and I was partially thankful. My hair was a mess, my eyes were swollen from crying all last night. I was a wreck.

"You know, I could help you. " Stefan offered. What was he up to?

Damon scoffed. "Yeah and then we can get best friend bracelets and braid each other's hair." He said throwing Stefan a wild glance.

"I'm serious. You want Katherine. I understand that. Let me help." Stefan offered.

A small part of me felt sad hearing that Stefan would help him. Everytime Katherine was brought up, I felt a sharp pain in my chest and all I wanted to do was get rid of it.

Damon looked at him with confusion expressed in his face as if he wanted to know what Stefan was up to. He never wanted to help Damon. Why now?

"Mmm...no" Damon said as he pretended to consider it. "Why should I trust you?"

"Because I'm your brother." Stefan said in a failed attempt to make Damon believe he cared.

Even I knew that wouldn't work. Their brotherly bond meant nothing to either of them. They would never do something  for the simple fact that they cared for each other.

"Not gonna cut it." Damon said smirking at him.

Stefan looked to the ground as if he were thinking of a better reason.

"Because I want you gone. You put Emma in danger by bringing her to Georgia." Stefan said.

To be fair, I was already in danger when he found me.

Damon's eyes shifted from Stefan to me, looking me up and down, as if he were trying to read my thoughts on the situation.

"Fine." Damon finally said as he nodded in acceptance. " I don't trust easy. Don't screw it up." He warned.

" If history is any indication, there's only one liar among us." Stefan said as he turned to me.

"I need to talk to you." Stefan said. It was the first time either of the boys had spoken to me since I walked in and suddenly I felt uncomfortable with all the eyes on me.