162 candles

Picture of Lexi^^

Emma Stallings

I woke up and checked my phone.

5 miscalls from Elena. 7 text messages from Elena. 3 miscalls from Stefan. 2 miscalls from Jeremy. 1 text message from Matt.

Damn I'm popular today. Too bad I don't want to talk to any of them all for different reasons.

I hated what Elena, Stefan, and Damon had done. I didn't think I could even be around them right now. But Matt and Jeremy? I didn't have the courage to face them. How could I?

Matt : meet me at the sheriffs station? We have to answer questions about Vic

Me: Why me?

Matt : You were one of the last people seen with her

Me: okay sure I'll meet you there.

Oh God. What am I supposed to say?

I finally read all of the text messages Elena had sent.

Elena:Hey

Elena: Please call me.

Elena: Can we talk about last night?

Elena: I know you're angry, but please call me.

Elena: Hello?

Elena: Please don't be angry with me.

Elena: We have to answer questions at the sheriffs station. We need to talk about this.

I didn't want to speak to her, but I knew we needed to create a story. Just before I grabbed my phone out of my pocket I heard a knock at the door.

I walked over to the door and opened it wide, slamming it back immediately when I realized who it was.

Damon.

He extended his arm and caught the door before it slammed shut in his face. I couldn't force it to close. He was just too strong.

I gave in and eventually opened the door wide again.

"What do you want Damon?" I asked.

"I want you to invite me in." He said as he looked directly into my eyes.

"Are you an idiot? I'm wearing vervain." I said to him.

"I'm not trying to compel you." He said as he furrowed his eyebrows and squinted his eyes at me.

"Well good because you can't, and I'm not letting you in so whatever you're here to do, get over it." I said.

"Elena asked me to come over and check on you. She wanted to know that you were okay." He explained.

"And what? You're her little pet now?" I said.

"I'm nobody's pet." He said to me growling lowly.

"Really? Because that's not what it looked like last night. To me, it seems like if Elena says jump, your ass jumps." I shot at him.

Without saying a word he stepped forward getting closer to me and I felt my heart drop. How had he gotten in? I never invited him.

"Hmm.. you don't look so brave now." He observed.

"Leave." I said in a warning tone.

"Little tip, next time you know there's a psyco vampire on the loose, get your little brother some vervain so evil vampires can't compel themselves inside." He said smirking down at me.

"Leave my brother out of your games." I warned him. "He's all the family I have left, Damon. If you hurt him, I swear to you, I WILL kill you." I said to him seriously.