Help needed .. badly !

*Zac*
Okay so that was the push I had felt back on the harbour, I would have expected it to hurt more getting shot. I had started feeling bad on the boat, closing my jacket around me because I felt cold.

"Damn kid, where are you hit ?" Chris is standing over me. I try to find out where it hurts, but frankly everything seems to hurt. When I don't answer he pulls open my jacket, cursing. "Shit in a bucket, we need to stop the bleeding right now. Enrique sail towards Port Antonio at top speed and alert them that we need ambulances on the dock".

I kinda feel like I am acting in a weird movie where I don't know the script and it might be written in russian.

"He has three fucking bullets in his chest and none of you discovered it before now ?" Luna is screaming at them, and I badly want to comfort her.

But.. he.. that must be me.. but I can't have.. I look down, cause really, I can't have.. I wish I had never looked.

Chris looks at Aurora. "Run, get the first aid bag. Tom, sit down, I need you to hold Your hand here, putting as much pressure on it as you can". Then he looks at me. "No we didn't because he didn't tell us and he closed his jacket. And by the way two of them are technically in the shoulder".

My shoulder does feel like it is on fire and the right side of my chest feels like someone bore a hole into it and filled it with melted lead.. It hurts like shit now, taking revenge for the pain I didn't feel earlier. I feel rather faint and reach for Luna with my left arm. "Please baby, I need you".

"I am here Zac, right here". She comes over, sitting down beside me and grabbing my hand.. her voice is all choked up. "I thought I told you not to get hurt, you big fool".

"At least I did come back.. I came back, right ?" I look up at her, squeezing her hand. "I don't want us to just be a fling. I want to work it out darling, I don't care about the distance".

She sends me a sad smile, tears running down her cheeks.. I hate that she is crying. "Right now you just need to focus on staying alive right ? Please Zac, you are strong, you can pull through this".

*Luna*
Aurora comes running back with the first aid bag. Luckily it contains a lot of things a normal first aid kit wouldn't, due to our long journey at sea. I am holding Zac's left hand as Chris cuts the jacket and shirt off him.

Then he makes Tom hold Zac forward, so he can cover up the entry wounds in his back. Zac starts coughing, his breathing is shallow and has this weird rattling wet undertone.

"Hold on Zac.. Goddammit hold on". I bite my lip, this is bad, so bad. I actually risk losing him before I had the chance to really have him. "Please help him Chris".

"I am doing my very best". He says, then he turns his attention to Zac. "Come on Zac, lie down slowly, so we can get the front fixed too".

Tom is doing most of the work, lowering Zac back down. His eyes catch mine as Chris starts working on the front. His gaze is filled with fear, but still he tries to comfort me, and probably Zac too. "It will be okay".

I notice that he covers the one in the chest with plastic first. "Why the plastic ?"

"If his lung has been hit, this will help him breathe and might stop it from collapsing". Chris says.

I am so happy that Chris seems to know what to do.

Trying to focus on his face and not the three, way too big, holes in his chest and shoulder. I keep telling Zac that everything will be alright while my hand is gently caressing his.

*Tom*
I manage to get inside, not using my hurt foot and Aurora is instantly at my side, supporting me. "Careful love.. how is Zac holding up ?"

"So far, so good. Luna and Chris are with him". I sit down on a chair and she puts a plate of food in front of me. "We had no idea.. He should have said something".

She sits down and takes my hand in hers. "Don't feel guilty Tom.. I can see how it pains you. That you are feeling it is your fault. Zac knew of the danger, he chose to do it because he cares about you. He won't blame you.. no one will".

"But if it wasn't for me..". I trail off. I mean I owe Zac everything, him and Chris.. I don't know how I am ever going to repay that.. and if Zac dies.. I won't even get the chance.

"Just eat Tom, you need it.. and then you need a shower and then some rest". She says softly. And I sigh, taking the first bite, not really feeling hungry, even though I haven't eaten anything for more than a day.

I fight to swallow the food, but the worry in my wife's eyes makes me fight to eat as much as I can force down.

When I am done eating, Aurora supports me into the bathroom, gently undressing me and helping me sit down on a chair in the shower cabin. I watch as she undresses and gets in, starting to wash my bruised body gently.

*Aurora*
It is heartbreaking to see Tom like this, my strong, beautiful, never able to sit still husband, all bruised and hurting.. both physically and in his soul.

And even worse to know that Zac is fighting for his life right now, that he was willing to give his life for Tom to come back to me, I owe him everything and I can never repay him.

I gently wash the grime and dried-in blood of his body, being careful not to hurt him too much. His ankle is swollen and discolored, and there is no doubt it is a bad sprain.

"I'm so sorry baby". He suddenly grabs my hand, pressing it to his face. "I am so very sorry, my love.. please forgive me".

I lean down to kiss the top of his head, squeezing his hand. "For what Tom ? You have nothing to be sorry about".

"But I do.. I am sorry for fighting with you and acting like a total jerk, and for pushing you with kids". He looks up at me, his beautiful eyes wet with tears. "And I am so sorry for kissing that woman".

"No need to say sorry Tom. I was fighting just as much as you. And honestly I have been scared about the whole having kids thing, if I am fit to be a mother. And regarding that woman.. I know you were drugged, so it's not your fault". I tell him softly.

He sends me a smale smile. "But you are, look at you.. you are the most caring and warm woman I have ever known, even if you sometimes try to hide it. You are going to be a great mother.. I have no doubt".

Then he shakes his head. "I still kissed her, I touched her in the most.. vile way.. if Zac hadn't come, pulling me out of that bathroom .. I.. I would have". He has turned white as a sheet. "The thought of what I could have done". He starts sobbing, and then he throws up, his whole body shaking violently.

"Tom.. baby.. please don't cry". I fall to my knees beside him, pulling him into me and he slides down on the floor, holding onto me like a drowning man. I just hold him, rubbing his back, telling him it's okay and that he is forgiven.

I can't even imagine what he has been through these last two days and I hope this is where his strength and sunny view on life will help him pull through without too many emotional scars.. but no matter what I am here for him.