Reaching a safe harbour

About 6 hours later
*Luna*
I don't think I have ever been more relieved than when we sail into the harbour of Port Antonio in Jamaica and I see two ambulances waiting on the dock.

Chris knows a private clinic in Kingston and has called ahead, so they are standing ready with the best Jamaica has to offer.

It has been hell, Chris was not able to stop the bleeding completely, and he had first hooked Zac up to saline, which we luckily had in the ship's extensive first aid storage.

When it was clear it would not be enough, he set up a direct blood transfer.. Luckily both me and Aurora have the same blood type as Zac, and we have both sat here, seeing our blood run through a tube directly into Zac's arm.

I even went two times.. In the end Chris told me he would drag me to the cabin and lock me up if I did not let him unhook me.. but I couldn't just stand not doing something.

Looking at Zac I know it's a really good thing we have arrived now, he is way too pale and shaking slightly, the last thirty minutes he has only been mumbling incoherently that he feels cold and that he doesn't want to go to school.

As soon as we reach the pier two men with a gurney between them steps onto the yacht and quickly comes over to Zac, placing the gurney on the deck and kneeling down to look him over.

I am happy that they look professional and give off a vibe of knowing how to handle this.

One of them says something I don't understand, but Chris who has shown up nods.

The men carefully get Zac on the gurney and carry him to one of the ambulances. I want to follow, but Chris holds me back. "I'll take you there, let them get space to help him.. it's a long ride and they will need to give him blood in the ambulance".

Chris goes inside, and comes out a few minutes later with Tom leaning on him. He helps him over to the other ambulance. Aurora follows close behind, getting in with her husband... their ride will no doubt be slower.

"Come on Luna, let's get going". He smiles at me and walks towards a young man who has just driven up in an old rusty Ford. "Our chauffeur is here".

He walks over to the car, hugging the young smiling man waiting there. Then he turns to me. "This is Winston, I have known him his whole life. He will drive us to the clinic. Winston, this is Luna".

"Hi Winston, Nice to meet you". I say, holding out my hand to shake his..right now I feel kinda numb after such a long time of constant fear.

He takes my hand, kissing it softly, sending me a bright white smile. "All my honour beautiful Luna".

"Get going Don Juan". Chris says grinning, and Winston flashes another white smile, before getting in behind the wheel.

We get into the back, and I look nervously at Chris when Winston steps on the speeder, whispering. "How old is Winston ?"

"Uhh, he must be.. what are you now Winston ? 13 right ?" Chris asks and I know I look a bit shocked.

"Oh you are so funny Mr Anderson". Winston says grinning, making me breathe out with relief. "I turned 14 a month ago".

I look at Chris, hissing out through my teeth. "He is 14 ? You have a 14 year old kid driving us around ?"

"Yeah, Winston here say been driving since he was 10, right kid ? He is a very good driver". Chris says winking at me. "And fast... he knows all the shortcuts".

"Sure sir, been driving for years, don't worry miss, I'll take very good care of you". Winston says grinning.. he seems to always be grinning, as he runs a red light and I grab the seat with both hands.