~Five~

Klayton woke up a few hours later, and headed downstairs to make something to eat because he knew it wouldn't be long until Johnny was up and hungry. Johnny was wide awake and looking down at me as I was still sleeping soundly. Klayton walked into the room and tried to listen for Johnny was talking and giggling to himself while he was looking at me. But when he made it to the side of the bed he realized that Johnny wasn't talking to me because I was sound asleep.

Klayton scratched his head as he asked him who he was talking too, but when Johnny saw he wasn't in the room alone he got really quiet again and slid off the bed and scampered into the kitchen and hopped in his booster seat and gently tapped on the table wanting his food. Klayton gently tapped me and asked if I was going to get up and join him and Johnny for dinner. I groaned miserably but sat up in the bed and looked at the clock, then asked him why in the hell he let me sleep in so late.

Klayton chuckled lightly as he said he couldn't get himself to wake me beens I looked so comfy for the first time since I've been out of the hospital. Then I slowly got up and dressed then looked around and asked him where my new son was and if he started talking yet. Klayton looked out my door just to check on the lil man, when he seen that he was doing good still munching on his dinner Klayton sat on the foot of the bed and told me about Johnny talking quietly to me as I was asleep but when he noticed him in the room he went quiet again.

I followed my buddy out of the room as I told him how strange that was but changed the subject altogether and kissed Johnny on the forehead and asked him how he was doing this evening hoping that I'd get an answer from him, but all he did was smile up at me and hold his lil thumb up at me. Klayton and I sat down across from Johnny and ate our dinner in silence, then as he went to do up the dishes with his lil sidekick to help him, I went into the bathroom and pulled out a clean shirt to put on after I shaved.

As I removed my old shirt I looked at the huge scar on my chest and couldn't help but think about Johnny's mom and wondered what she would've been like, or what she even looked like. Which in turn made me a little depressed in knowing I'd never know, and Johnny would never see her again. Suddenly, just for a split second, as I looked up thru the window I thought I saw an image of a beautiful lady in the mirror but just as soon as I seen her she was gone! I tried to shake it out of my mind as I finished shaving and put my clean Affliction shirt on, I thought about heading over to the Luxor to see if I was ready to go back to work, but after thinking about it long enough I decided on staying home for a few more days.

Besides it would give me more time to spend with my son. Later that evening while we all were watching the new Godzilla movie that came out I had an incredible urge to make me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but as I was in the kitchen making it, I looked at it and stopped what I was doing and said to myself out loud that I didn't even like peanut butter sandwiches. I felt a strange and very warm sensation come over me as I turned around and saw Johnny looking up at me with a big smile on his face. But when I looked a lil closer, I found that he wasn't looking at me...he was looking behind me.

I turned around very quickly thinking maybe Klayton was behind me making faces at me or something, but no one was there. I looked back down at my son and asked him what he was looking and smiling at, but he wouldn't say anything. After watching him for a while it made me feel a lil uneasy...as if someone else was in the room with us, and I didn't believe in that kinda supernatural shit at all.

I quickly called Klayton into the room and asked him to just stand very still and tell me if he feels anything strange or if he gets any uneasy feelings. Klayton humored me and played along and told me he felt just fine. Until he looked over to where his nephew was still looking behind me giggling & smiling as if someone was making silly faces at him or telling him a joke. I turned to face my buddy again and asked him if he believed in the supernatural and the possibility of Johnny seeing his mom.

Klayton very quickly that he's seen too much crazy shit not to believe in things that are unexplainable. But added how he would see her since she didn't die in my house. I thought about it for a while then told him I still wasn't sure if I believed it or not, but then I mindlessly rubbed my chest and looked down a little and jokingly told Klayton that maybe it wasn't the house that was haunted, and that maybe it was me that was. Because it was her heart that was beating in my chest, and maybe it was possible that her soul/spirit just happened to come with the heart they installed in me. We both looked at Johnny and knelt down at his level as we asked him if he was seeing someone else in the room other than us...Johnny looked at both of us as he smiled and slowly shook his head...yes.