~Twenty-Six~

So for the next several weeks, Kc & I have kept a close eye on our lil man, & luckily Johnny's body took to the medications without anymore bad side effects. But lately I've been so busy with work, that I haven't been able to take Johnny to his appointments, which really made me feel bad & made me think I was a bad father. Klayton never missed one appointment though I didn't know if I felt relief for him always being there, or maybe a little bit of jealousy knowing he spent more time with my son and Kc than I did.

But that was all going to change, for I finally called in my vacation time in to let Rose know I was going to be gone for a good month so I could have fun with my family, & hopefully officially make Kc a permanent member of the Sarantakos family by asking her to marry me.

I know it seemed a little sudden, only knowing her for 2 months but during that time, I fell deeply in love with her, I just didn't let her know it...yet. Yesterday while I was doing some close-up magic for some guests, I did a lil shopping and bought the most beautiful engagement ring 💍 ever, and was planning on doing the proposal on our third day of our vacation.

I showed Johnny some pamphlets of our vacation, and he got real excited when I showed him that we were going to see the monster truck rally, and even get a free ride in his favorite, The Gravedigger itself! Kc didn't know about the vacation yet, for I wanted to surprise her with it, so while Johnny and I waited for her to make it back home from shopping with Kim, I packed up mine and Johnny's suitcases, then opened Kc's for her, so she could pack after I showed her the plane tickets, and the many different fun activities I had planned for us all.

Costa already knew about it and he and Kimmy said they'd take care of the house and critters for us til we got back. I was trying to decide whether to tell my mom & brothers about my engagement plans or just to wait until we got back from our vacation and let them help out with our future wedding plans.

I dropped that thought and just told myself out loud that I would wait, then I grabbed my phone to call Johnny's Dr, so I could stop by there and pick up his medications he'd need during the trip so Kc wouldn't have to, then I sat down on the sofa next to my half-asleep son and patiently waited for Kc to come home. After waiting for an hour Johnny and I both fell asleep together on the sofa when Kc and Kim silently walked in the door. Our four-legged fur babies would have alerted me but Costa took them to his house already when he dropped off Kim earlier.

Kc laid the bags from the mall on the floor, then she waved bye to Kim as she slid in the cab along with her numerous shopping bags. Then she looked around searching for us until she found us on the sofa sound asleep. She knelt down as she smiled at how sweet and adorable we looked. After she wiped the strands of hair from my face I woke up looking into her beautiful face and hypnotic eyes. I gently moved around Johnny so I could get off the couch without waking him, then I wrapped my arm around her as we walked toward the stairs, but I grabbed her bags before we went up and tossed them on the foot of the bed as I showed her the vacation pamphlets and the plane tickets after she looked at them long enough I asked her what she thought about it.

Kc brightened up and said it was about time I took some time off to be with her and Johnny, and that it sounded perfect, and fun. I gave her a tender kiss on the cheek as I told her it was great that she approved, because we were leaving tomorrow afternoon, and she needed to get her bag packed so I could load it and the other two in the car, to save me from doing it later. Kc ran b thru the walk-in closet and began packing her best looking summer clothes, but I decided to get a little playful with her for the first time since we've been staying together.

Kc caught me off guard when she actually showed me that she liked it by returning some of the playful touches, but before it got good so to speak we both stopped as soon as we heard our son scampering up the stairs calling for us, because he hated waking up to silence and all by himself. We both got ourselves decent again as we told him we were in the bedroom. He came in with his blanket and his empty juice cup wearing a silly smile on his face as he held up his cup to us and said he was thirsty. I grabbed our lil man after he handed me his cup then we all three walked down to the kitchen so I could get our son a refill, and help Kc with supper.

I stopped as I looked at Johnny then over at Kc and actually felt complete and total bliss. It felt so perfect and to think pretty soon if I played my cards right, I would be waking up and going to sleep with her for the rest of my life. Johnny kinda woke me up from the daydream I was in when he said that mommy had supper ready, and I needed to bring the iced tea from the fridge. I did a full spin as I pulled out the tea and told my son that it was time to munch on some grindage, & after that it was park time so he could play and run off his energy, so when we got home he would be ready for bedtime. Because I knew I would be more than ready for bed.