~Twenty-Three~

Klayton offered to call my mom for me knowing how emotional she would be and how badly it would affect me, but I told him I had to be the one to do it, he understood wholeheartedly, then he offered to call my brothers for me while I was on the phone with my mom. I shook my head yes to him as I had the phone up against my ear waiting for my mom to answer her phone. Klayton gave me the thumbs up and took his phone out, and headed outside so he could talk in privacy without any other background noises that were in the house. 

After the fifth ring, my mom answered the phone, a little wore out and breathing a little heavily, but in good cheer knowing that it was me calling her. I was trying like hell on how I should break the bad news to her about her grandson, but at that moment blunt and to the point was the only way I could think of. So first, I asked her why she sounded so tired and out of breath for, but she said she was doing a little jogging thru her house trying to make it to the phone before it hung up, and that she was just fine. Then she changed the subject and asked how everything was and if I found Kylie's sister yet and how her lil grandson was doing and how he liked his aunt. 

I cleared my throat and told her all about Kc and the new information about her being Johnny's real mom and not his aunt at all, then I said they go along great, and that I would be bringing her back with us when we ever made it back to Vegas. My mom heard my desperation and depression in my voice and asked me what I meant by that. I remained quiet for a moment trying to get enough air to tell her without choking up on the phone, then I spoke out and told her that I had bad news about Johnny's health and that I was trying to get the energy to tell her because every time I thought about it my heart would tighten up as if someone was squeezing the life out of me. I took another two breaths in and told her that my lil boy had specific cancer called Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and that it was already at stage 3.

Dimitra was in so much torn up shock at those words that I heard the phone drop as she had an instant panic attack of nothing but fear and worry for her lil grandson. I waited patiently as she picked her phone back up and said she was going to be on the first flight out to where I was, so she could be there for me and Johnny. I kissed her thru the phone and thanked her very much and that I really needed my family with me right now. Dimitra kissed me thru the phone as she was sniffling from the crying and told me not to worry because she just knew everything was going to work out. After we hung up with each other Klayton came back inside telling me that Costa said he was on his way asap, and after JD had a huge emotional breakdown he said he was going to stop by and pick up mom and they would be heading out from New York to be with us. 

I shook my head as Klayton gave me a loving brotherly hug, and told me to go lay down and get some rest because tomorrow was going to be a long and grueling day for all of us during Johnny's first appointment and treatments. I shook my head and told him I definitely could use it. Kc quietly followed me into the bedroom where Johnny was sound asleep already, and lay down with me and cradled me in her arms and told me that she would love to always be right there with me for the rest of her life if it was ok with me. I slowly brushed the tears from my eye and wrapped my arms around her as I lay my head on her chest and begged her to stay with me and Johnny, because we both needed her badly, now more than ever.

Kc held me even closer as she promised me that she would never leave either of us, no matter what. We both looked over at Johnny as he slept so peacefully, then we both finally fell into a deep and very emotional sleep. Klayton and Shannon were talking away about Johnny and all they could do to help me out in my time of despair and need in the spare room with Xristos laying down in their doorway, for Kc's dog really had taken a liking for Klayton since we been there. After Shannon proclaimed her undying love for Klayton and that she would go anywhere with him, then added that she really loved hanging with me and Johnny. Klayton gave her a loving kiss and told her that he was crazy about her too, then they both fell asleep in each other's arms.

When the sun slowly peeked thru the bedroom window, I was not in the mood to face the day and all of its evil challenges, but I knew it had to start sooner or later. Johnny was still sound asleep with his bunny in his arms. Kc was laying lovingly in my arms sleeping peacefully as well until I leaned over and gave her a gentle kiss to awaken her. She fluttered her eyes a few times before she looked up at me with her beautiful azule eyes, and whispered that she was so in love with me. Then we took turns and looked over at our lil man, and told each other that it was time for us to get breakfast ready because my mom and brothers would be showing up pretty soon because they wanted to be there for all of us during Johnny's first appointment.