~Six~

Klayton and I just stared blankly at each other after Johnny shook his head yes to us and pointed behind me. I kept looking around hoping or thinking that I would be able to see what Johnny was seeing, but there was nothing. Klayton snickered as he said maybe Johnny was just playing us both, and there wasn't really anything there. I slightly disagreed with him and said Johnny wouldn't make up something like that, because he was just a tiny tot and would have no reason to make up a tall tale like that, and I thought he was really seeing something/someone, because just for a second I did see someone in the mirror when I was shaving.

Klayton hopped up and left the kitchen after the dishes were done and said he was going to be off like a dirty shirt because that last thing he wanted or needed was a ghost haunting him too, then he rubbed Johnny's head and told him that he'd see him later, then he ran out of the house and peeled out of my driveway. Johnny and I looked at each other for a second then we both giggled as I told him that his Uncle Klayton was a chicken. I was still trying to get my lil man to talk to me, but he was still totally against the gift of speech, except while I was sleeping, I was told by Klayton, and my mom that on occasion when I was sleeping she would go in and check on me and find Johnny sitting beside me or on me talking and giggling to me, but when he would notice any of them watching him he would stop talking and walk away.

Also, I've been noticing that I've been acting and feeling a little differently since I got out of the hospital. At first, it was just little things that weren't really noticeable like me craving peanut butter sandwiches, and Cherry Coke when I never liked it before. Then there was the wants and desires to watch horror movies almost every night before bed, and I was never much of the movie person since I left high school for I was always way too busy with my magic and trying to succeed. But now I was having lazy moments feeling like I just wanted to snuggle up and watch cartoons with my lil man, or make a fort with him in his room and play with his toys with him. 

But the funniest thing was when my buddies all came over wanting me to go partying with them and maybe finding a nice girl to have some fun with beens I haven't had any relationships in a very long time, but I just told them I wasn't up for it and just wanted to spend the time with my son going to the zoo or taking him to the park. That was the turning point for Klayton, and he said I wasn't acting like me since I've been out of the hospital and I adopted Johnny. My first reaction was wanting to tell him off for speaking that way about Johnny like it was his fault I didn't want to have manly fun anymore, and that I was content just being a single parent without having fun with my buddies anymore.

I controlled my temper though and really thought about what he was saying then I looked at myself in the mirror that was in the hallway, and it all dawned on me...I was acting differently and doing things differently because Johnny's mom was somehow living thru me as if we were sharing her heart. Once I truly believed that she was really there, and touched the scar on my chest with Klayton standing right beside me watching me, we both at the same time saw her reflection thru the mirror smiling lovingly at us both and slowly holding out her hand to me.

Klayton jumped back and told me how freaky it was having his best friend being haunted by some sexy dead chick all because I had her heart beating in my chest. Then Klayton removed his sunglasses as he kept looking at Johnny's mom in the reflection and said maybe I should try talking to her to see why she was still hanging around. But I already knew the answer to that for some reason it just came to me like a lightning strike to the head, and I told him that she was staying to be with her son and it was thru her heart that I had that was allowing her to be here. Then I comically added that it was her that was making me have those little changes because it was her emotions and cravings sort of bleeding thru me using my sensitive senses to her advantage so she could still in a way taste, see, and feel the world she once knew, and to watch her lil boy live and grow.

My family entered the house unexpectedly, and Johnny's mom quickly vanished from the mirror as they came in asking me how I was feeling today and where their grandson/nephew was at because they bought him a lot of toys to spoil him with. I chuckled to myself and told them that I was feeling much better now that I was out of the hospital, and my son was up in his room playing in the fort we made earlier if he didn't fall asleep from all the fun and games we played all morning. I was trying to leave my new haunting out of the conversation but leave it to Klayton to tell my family that I was being haunted by Johnny's mom thru her heart they implanted in my chest. 

I gave a deep sigh and rolled my eyes at him then I slapped him over the back of his head and told him why couldn't he keep his thoughts to himself a little more often than not. My mom walked over to me and touched my shoulder and asked me if I was seeing things with a worried look on her face...I slowly sat down on the sofa and told her that what my crazy ass buddy was saying was true, because she revealed herself to me and Klayton both just moments ago thru the mirror but vanished as soon as they came into the house.