Shes Gone

...3am....

I woke up on the couch next to Zach feeling sick to my stomach. I sat up and ran into the kitchen to get water out of the sink.

"What's going on?" Zach walked in squinting his eyes to adjust to the lights. "I feel like I'm going to throw up." Zach grabbed my hand and lead me to the bathroom. I got on the ground and lifted up the toilet seat. I began throwing up so Zach held my hair back.

Zach got me a a new tooth brush from his cabinet so I could use it after.

...

We went up to his bedroom to lay in his bed.

"Are you feeling better now." Zach said as he handed me a water bottle. "Yeah, I'm sorry." I apologized. "It's ok babe, you couldn't help it." He laid down next to me and wrapped his arm around me. 

We laid talking for a bit about the dance and how we were going to be the best couple there. My phone started ringing.

"Who is it this early in the morning?" Zach asked. I sat up and looked. "It's Ryan Shaver." I said weirdly. "What does he want?" Zach asked as I answered. "Um hello?" I answered. "Wait, what's going on?" I asked.

I hung up my phone really quick then got out of bed and ran downstairs and right out the front door.

"Carmen! Where are you going?" Zach yelled for me. "Something happened at the Bakers house.

I ran as fast as I could not even trying to slow down at all. I got there after a couple minute and there was two ambulances and a cop car.

I ran up and a stretcher being pulled out of the house. I walked closer but a cop held me back. "Please stay back." The police officer said. I watched as it passed me... it was Hannah.

"No.. no!" I started screaming. "Ma'am I'm gonna have to ask you to leave." The officer said as he stood in front of me. "Hannah." I cried. "Ma'am please leave." The officer repeated. Mrs.Baker and Mr.Baker came out the house barely able to walk their legs were so weak.

"Mrs.Baker!" I yelled as I ran around the officer. "Hey!" The officer yelled then grabbed me. "Get up against the car!" He screamed at me. I leaned over the front of the cop car as he cuffed me.

"What's going on?" Zach yelled as he pulled up and jumped out of his car along with my mom. Zach came over to talk to me but the officer got in the way. "Get back! Everyone just step back, you get in the car." The officer opened his door so I could get in.

I sat there for a minute crying then the officer rolled down my window. "You two can talk to her for a second. I have to go talk to them, don't go anywhere." The officer said and he got out the car and closed his door to walk toward the house.

"Are you ok?" My Mom came running over with Zach. I looked up at them and shook my head no. "Hannah's dead. I saw her, she was gone." I tried not crying. My mom and Zach just went completely silent. "She's dead." I repeated.

...

After a good half hour the officer came back and let me out. "I'm sorry for your loss but next time you need to listen." He said as he unlocked the hand cuffs. "Have a good night." He said then got in his car and drove off.

  Zach opened his car door for me and my mom to get into the back while he drove.

My mom put her arm around me and just had me lay my head on her shoulder. I looked out the side of the car and just looked at all the houses we passed.

Zach's Pov

I kept looking in my rear view mirror to make sure Carmen was holding up.

We pulled up at their house and immediately Carmen got out the car and went inside.

"Please stay." Mrs.Ronolds. Said. "I don't know if she'll want me here right now." I answered quietly. "She does, she needs you. We need you." She said then half smiled. I pulled my car into the driveway and went in.

Mrs.Renolds and I sat on the couch quiet for a bit not knowing what to say to Carmen.

"You know she really loves you." She suddenly came out and concluded. "After we lost her dad she didn't have any guy figure in her life. She never wanted a boyfriend. When a guy would ask her out she deny and say she didn't want one, somehow she said yes to you. You're a good guy Zach and I want you to stay with us as long as you can." She continued. I smiled. "I love her like I've never loved anyone else. Mrs.Renolds, believe me or not but Carmen is my first girlfriend, my first love and kiss, my first everything. I lost my dad too not to long ago, she gets me." I explained. "Call me mom hun." She requested. I laughed then we both got up and hugged each other.

...

Carmen's Pov

Zach came upstairs to comfort me. He laid next to me and just played with my hair.

There was nothing to say. Not one thing. She was gone, what were we suppose to say?