Proud Parents

2 Months Later...

School was finally out so I didn't have to deal with anyone but Ava of course. I'm huge, like bigger than big and due any day.

I stayed the night over at Zach's house but sadly he had football practice today and his mom had worked so I stayed there and got some peace.

....

Many people didn't understand why I chose to first have Ava's crib at Olivia's house. But once you put thought into it.. she lost Hannah, she's Ava's god mom if anything ever happens. I want to let her know that when she first meets her.

...

I began making dinner for Zach and Karen so they could eat when they got home after a long day.

I grabbed sauce out the cabinet and noodles. Classic spaghetti. I began filling the bowel with water and sat it on the stove. Suddenly there was a sharp pain in my stomach..

"Stop kicking." I said to myself. Then I felt it.. I looked down and my dress and legs were soaked with a puddle of water on the floor.

"No, no, no, no." I ran over and grabbed my phone to call Zach. I paced around getting the bag and making sure the stove was off. I called and called.. Zach didn't answer.

Zach's Pov

Zach's Pov

"Hey Zach. Your phone is like blowing up." Scott ran up to me and said. We were in the gym training for football practice.

I ran over and looked at my phone.. couldn't believe it.

 "Scott give me a ride!" I yelled as I was trying to grab all my stuff

"Scott give me a ride!" I yelled as I was trying to grab all my stuff. "Dude, what about your car?" He asked. "I need to be on the phone!" I yelled at him. "I'm sorry... Carmen's in labor." I said while holding my phone up to my ear. "Come on." He said.

Carmen's Pov

Carmen's Pov

Justin and his good friend Brandon from out of town rushed me to the hospital.

"Justin... please hurry." I said trying not to push. "You're not having your baby in my car..... right?" Justin said nervously. "Just drive!" I yelled in pain.

As soon as we got to the hospital Brandon helped me out of the car while Justin ran in and grabbed me a nurse and a wheel chair... in this moment I wasn't ready yet, and I just figured that out.

...

As soon as they got me into my room they put a a IV in me. Zach came up and I was so glad.

"Thank god you're here." I took a deep breath. "I'm sorry.. I didn't hear my phone." He said out of breath like he just ran a marathon. "Zach I'm not ready." I said holding my stomach in pain. "It'll be alright." He smiled.

My doctor and two nurses came in ready to help me have this baby. They had to cut my dress since I couldn't waste my strength taking it off and they put on a gown.

They propped my legs open for me and I knew it was time.. Zach was over there in scrubs looking very pale.

"Are you ok?" I asked him. "Yeah, Yeah...I'm good." I knew he wasn't fine.

"Ok Carmen, when we say three you need to push as hard as you can until we say breather  ok?" The doctor said as he put on his gloves. I nodded my head wanting this part to be over.

Three two one... push..

  ....

 There she was

There she was... Ava Lee Dempsey. She was so perfect even though it took me seven minutes to get her out... Lee was Hannah's middle name so why not...

...

After they made sure she was alright we finally got to have her back.. holding her brought so much happiness to me. It was un believable.

I looked up at Zach and he was just smiling away. "Do you want to hold her?" I asked. He nodded then reached his hands out. When he held her my heart melted.

 "Can I take a nap?" I asked

"Can I take a nap?" I asked.. I was exhausted. "Yeah.. I love you." He said being so proud to be a dad. "I love you."