The "Perfect" Night

Saturday Night

"I told you mom, my dress don't fit me." I said starting to panic. My mom walked in my room and saw I was right. She sat in silence for a minute then smiled. "Why are you smiling?" I asked confused. "You can wear my old prom dress." She was excited. "This isn't prom, it's just a dance." I said. "Ok, like anyone is gonna realize it's a prom dress." My Mom said as she ran out of my room. I was so scared it was going to be ugly.

"Come here!" My Mom yelled. I rolled my eyes then walked into her bedroom. "I don't know about this mo- oh my gosh.... that's gorgeous." I said as my mom held up her dress. "Try it on!" She smiled.

....

"Does my makeup look good?" I asked my mom before I walked out the door. "You look beautiful." My Mom smiled then hugged me. "Im staying at Zach's tonight so I'll see you tomorrow. Love you." I said as I left.

I walked outside and Zach was standing there in his tux waiting for me by his car. I was just in shock he looked so good, I stopped.

  He just smiled at me so I walked up to him

He just smiled at me so I walked up to him. "Wow." Was all he said then opened the car door and helped me in.

He got in the car and put his seat belt on then just looked over at me. "What?" I laughed. "You looking amazing... in other words, I want to fuck the shit out of you." He said seriously. I started cracking up. "Just go before we're late." I smiled. He let out a chuckle then we drove to the school.

...

We went inside and it was just so amazing. There was lights everywhere and people just having a great time. Zach smiled at me then held my hand and led me to the dance floor.

We started dancing and just having an amazing time.

"I love you." Zach said. "And Ava." He smiled. "We love you too." I smile then we kissed. "How about after we go get some juicy cheeseburgers?" Zach suggested. "Stop making me so hungry." I laughed.

...

Zach, Clay, Tony, Alex, and I were sitting down at a table just talking about us being seniors next year.

"Babe let's take a picture." Zach said as he held in his phone. "Ok." I said as I smiled. "Don't get my stomach though." I said as I covered it with my arms.

 "Look how beautiful you are

"Look how beautiful you are." Zach said as he posted the picture on his snap. I just blushed. Suddenly there was a loud gun shot type of noise.

"What was that?" I said as I stood up quickly. "I don't know." Zach said. The whole gym grew silent and the dj stopped playing music. People started screaming and running into the gym, one of them was Courtney.

"What's going on?" Clay asked her. "Tyler's shooting people!" She screamed then started running again. Suddenly Tyler came into the gym and shot up into the ceiling. "I hope you assholes are shitting your pants now!" He yelled then shot some jock guy.

"Oh my god." I said not knowing what to do. "Come on we need to get out of here." Zach said then pulled me the opposite direction of people. "Don't go out that door!" Tyler yelled. Zach and I turned around. "Yeah I'm talking to you Zach." He said as he started walking toward us. "Run." Zach whispered to me. "What? No." I said starting to really panic. "Run I'll be right behind you." He said. I took a deep breath then looked over at Justin, he nodded his head. I looked back at Tyler walking toward us then ran.

I ran so fast out of the gym and down the hallway. I heard Tyler shooting so I stopped then turned around. I was crying and so scared it was someone else dead. Suddenly Zach, Scott, Justin, and Jessica ran out. "Run Carmen!" Zach yelled so I began running again as fast as I could.

I ran outside and into the parking lot then stopped to face the school. So many people were running out as fast as they could screaming. I began crying when Zach didn't come out right away. Jessica held my hand and we just waited to make sure everyone that meant a lot to us.

"I'll be right back." I told Jessica as I let go of her hand. "Carmen." She said as I walked back toward the school. I went to open the door but Tyler busted it open before I could open it. "Please don't." I said as I held up my hands. "You let your little boyfriends bully me and do the unbelievable to me." Tyler said. "What are you talking about?" I asked trying to stay calm. "Bullshit." He said then aimed the gun at me. "No." Was all I could say then started to run back to the parking lot. I heard the gun go off but I was confused until Jessica screamed, it went right through my side. I stopped and just held it.

Again the gun went off, by the pain was in the back of my calf. I fell to the ground. Scott and Jessica ran up to me. "Zach?" I kept trying to look around for him. "Carmen stay still, I'm going to call 911." She told me. I looked over and Scott was trying to put pressure on my side so I wouldn't bleed out. "Where's Zach?" I kept asking. "Shhhh, you'll be ok." Scott said. I just turned my head and looked up at the sky. "Zach.." I said as the world started spinning. "Jessica, she's losing a lot of blood!" Scott yelled over to Jessica.

Then it all went black..... 

Next Update: July 1st, 2018