Surprises

I walked into the house seeing that my mom was laying on the couch watching tv.

"Hey mom I'm back." I said as I sat down on the couch next to her. "Wow you're back early it's only eleven." She sounded surprised. "Yeah, people just started drinking and I didn't want to get peer pressured you know." I lied. My mom smiled, sat up, and kissed me on the forehead.

"Why are you all wet?" As soon as my mom asked that I got flashbacks. "Um they had water balloons and I got hit like a bunch of times." I lied again. "Sounds fun." My Mom laughed. "Well, I'm going to head off to bed, goodnight love you." My mom said as she got up and walked up the stairs. "Goodnight." I said softly.

...weeks later....

After what happened I tried avoiding Bryce as much as possible. I had two new good friends, Hannah and Zach, they were great to have for only my fifth week of school.

...

I walked outside and just stopped.

 "You wanna come?" Zach yelled from his car

"You wanna come?" Zach yelled from his car. I just smiled then laughed.

I ran up to the car and got in. "Nice ride." I chuckled. "Thanks." He smiled then put the car in drive.

"Where are we going?" I got curious. "Out to breakfast." He smiled. "Oh um I didn't bring no money today." I said as I started looking through my book bag pockets. "No no, it's ok." I looked up and just smiled at him. Just wow.

We finally pulled up at a little diner kind of like Denny's but cuter and smaller.

We both got out the car and went inside to a table.

"This place is cute." I said as I sat down. "It really is." Zach chuckled. We both grabbed a menu and looked through it. "I'm feeling like a shake and some waffles with strawberry's." I say as I continued looking through the menu. "Hungry huh? Me too." Zach laughed.

  We eventually ordered all our food and waited until it came.

"These waffles are amazing. Thank you." I looked up and smiled. "Of course, being new at Liberty has to suck." He said as he took a sip of his shake. "So far yeah, but I gotta make the best out of it you know."

"Hi, I'm Bryce and I'll be your server." Bryce suddenly showed up and sat down next to Zach. I quickly looked over at Zach and he was smiling at Bryce until he looked over at me then the smile disappeared. "What are you doing here?" Zach asked. "The boys and I are at that back table over there, we saw you walk in." Bryce said as he looked over and smiled at me.

"Hey, boys come over here!" Bryce shouted. Suddenly the whole jock team joined our table. "Um I'm sorry but I got to go, my mom texted me." I lied as I showed my phone then jumped over the seat. "Carmen." Zach called for me to not go but I just looked at him then left.